Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    Marquez wouldn't have been able to knock out sweat pea...
    Nope, Pernell used movement and angles he knew how to avoid punches. Titio Trinidad couldn't even KO a passed prime Whitaker with all of his power.

Comment

• If you discount the dumbest posters who voted in this poll it is like 100-25 Sweet Pea

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        If you discount the dumbest posters who voted in this poll it is like 100-25 Sweet Pea
        This poll is truly remarkable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombs View Post
          Pacquiao would have embarrassed Whitaker and knocked him out cold in less than 4 rounds. Don't compare a God to a mere mortal human. Pacquiao is on another level.
          ^^^^
          Check this out

Comment

• pacquiao was just knocked out cold for many minutes.

i'm going to wait before i begin to look at his resume in historic terms again. beating everybody down can lend itself to being overrated. getting knocked out will do the opposite.

they're both great fighters. whitaker is one of the greatest lightweights ever. he was the planet's best fighter for years. pacquaio is not one of the greatest of all time in any weight class. like whitaker, he was p4p for a long time, but the argument for floyd mayweather was there for most of his tenure. what he did was climb the scales in a manner thats basically been unparalleled. pacquiao looked amazing at WW. i was blown away when he first hit the weight class. it's amazing what you can get used to. the guy was unreal, considering that he was a champion as low as 112.

i am going to wait. both were supreme talents. great chins on both. whitaker's defense is as good as you'll ever be. pacquiao is one of the hardest p4p punchers i've ever seen, with incredible speed of hand and foot. whitaker beat the greater fighters. pacquiao climbed the scales.

if they fought i'd pick whitaker to win a decision. i'd actually give the smaller pacquiao a better shot at winning at 147, where his power was still very respectable, without sacrificing much, if any speed.)

Comment

• This is quite the thread. Smh @ the poll results

Comment

• obviously Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  obviously Pacquiao.
                  Elaborate...Azuma Nelson, Buddy McGirt, Julio Cesar Chavez, etc. say hello

Comment

• Sweepee got Zero PPV sold! Pac was a must see Fighter! Sweepea was boring!

Comment

• Is this a joke? It's Pacquiao and it's not even debatable.

I still remember Sweet Pea quitting against some bum on ESPN like it was yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                      X