Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before all the controversy what did you see going on in the fight strategically?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before all the controversy what did you see going on in the fight strategically?

In the two rounds of action before the controversy what did you see going on in the fight strategically?

Honestly to me Hopkins was going about his business as usual, remember his gameplan is always to get his opponent out of what he normally does. Dawson kinda fights like Hopkins meaning at his own pace, doesnt let his opponent get him out of his pace and dictates the pace. Dawson was starting to press to come forward quicker than usual for him IMO to me that was somewhat out of character for Dawson. Hopkins, although probably hurt was trying to get a point deducted from Dawson which would have frustrated Dawson even more and more than likely opened himself up to mistakes, falling into Hopkins hands, only this time the ref made an unusal decision and called a non-boxing move a TKO, go figure. Would have liked to seen the whole fight, but thats boxing I guess.

Comment

Bhop being bhop. Dictating pace and frustrating chad. I didnt see a huge speed difference like i thought i might, but i saw a ring iq difference. Bhop's feet were always in a superior position when punching.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        Bhop being bhop. Dictating pace and frustrating chad. I didnt see a huge speed difference like i thought i might, but i saw a ring iq difference. Bhop's feet were always in a superior position when punching.
        And he showed that he could Crowd him without fear of anything coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          yeah, bhops always tried putting his foot on the outside. besides that not much, it was only 2 rounds. i can't really say how the fight could've went.

Comment

2 rounds and you can gauge a fight strategically, c'mon?!!

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
              In the two rounds of action before the controversy what did you see going on in the fight strategically?
              bhop was fighting in spurts but dawson was getting closer and closer.

neither guy was really effective,

Comment

same ole ****.....

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  And he showed that he could Crowd him without fear of anything coming back.
                  Agreed. Im not gonna go as far as saying he was muscling chad uP, but bhop was doing the manuvering and leaning on chad. He alluded to it in his comments but everyone was so focused on the controversy. He said something to the effect of he was faster than chad thought and that he was bigger than chad (body size).

Not a good start for chad, i thought bhop had him off his game. They expected to go oit there and control pace, and its not happening vs bhop. Chad doesnt have the ring smarts or identity of himself to fuk with bhop. Chad's all over the place with his style and trainers. Now he wants to go back to scully to try and get back his old self.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                    bhop was fighting in spurts but dawson was getting closer and closer.

neither guy was really effective,
                    Who does this benefit?

I liked lampley's point (probably only the second time i've ever typed that) that judges would favor bhop in the start of this fight because he's viewed correctly as a defensive wizard. He had chad's offense shut down in those couple of rounds. Obviously, it was less than 1/6 of the fight, but there's no doubt that the fight was being controlled by bhop.

Comment

Working...
                    X