Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you stopped becoming a fan of Floyd or Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be a Floyd hater for years in my group of friends. Then Pacmania happened and the biggest idiots in sports history appeared to start talking **** about every great fighter in history because in their tiny minds it somehow would make Pac "greater." Not only did I find myself defending Floyd, but even guys like SRR and SRL's resumes. I never was fan of Floyd, but suddenly I'm defending his accomplishments from hordes of room temperature IQ newbie fans.

Imagine if America did something crazy and won the Men's World Cup and America just exploded in popularity with soccer. We would spend every minute of every day telling people who have been watching soccer for years about how the 70 Brazil team or 74 West German team were absolute garbage compared to the 2010 US World Cup team. Rather than taking time to learn about this sport we suddenly find ourselves hugely interested in, we just decide to talk a bunch of shit about the past to attempt to make our team sound better.

With "fans" like his, Pac doesn't need enemies .

Comment

When did I "STOPPED" becoming a fan of them? Pacquiao after I realized he's Bob Arum's *****. Floyd, after I realized he's an overrated fighter due to sites like this.
      Last edited by timboslice708; 08-03-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Same thing for Mayweather. I used to enjoy seeing Mayweather on 24/7 and his "I make it rain" throwing his fake ass money at the camera

but he really crossed the line when he dissed his dad. It's like I said before, my father was never there for me, I don't even know my father but I heard he wasn't a very good person and yet I still would treat him with the utmost respect if he ever came around. After that I was like "**** Floyd I hope Ortiz smashes his ass!" heh, so I guess that was very good marketing cuz it sold the fight to me to some degree even tho I had already ordered it...

as for pac, I never really liked him to begin with..

Comment

Originally posted by djeffectz View Post
          (Floyd) After he cursed out his Dad on 24/7... To be honest I never got along with my dad business wise but I still manage to call him my dad and if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here.

I really hate Floyd after he went on a racial rant against Pac, that's the most immature and insecure thing that you can do when you're a professional athlete.

(Pac) When he refused to take 40mil to fight Floyd, we all know that even Pac would've taken that cool 40mil the fight wasn't going to happen anyways, Pac should've took it, to play mind games with Floyd. Pac is still a coward

I'm a big fan of Cotto now, a true professional
          You stopped being a fan of Floyd because he dissed his dad but you're a fan of Cotto who punched his uncle.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ngelista-cotto

Comment

I stopped being a Pac fan when I became more active here. Hard to like the man with a fan base like his.

Then you can add all the other ****. The catch weights, the no testing, the Arums puppet stuff...

Comment

When Pac made so many excuses to avoid the drug tests.

Comment

I stopped being a fan of Manny after they announced the Mosley fight.

As for Floyd, its an ON/OFF constantly. His comeback to fight Marquez was laughable. The Shane fight as well.

Then he decided to fight Ortiz which I thought was a good thing, but then he beat him by way of sucker punch, so that was all fail.

Then he ducked Manny for Cotto, but the fight turned out pretty entertaining so it was all good. Now that hes out of jail I don't expect him to take on a good opponent. Probably pick on a JWW.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcupide2 View Post
                  When Pac made so many excuses to avoid the drug tests.
                  Me too. I was in awe of Pac after the De La Hoya, Hatton, and Cotto fights, but when legitimate negotiations with Floyd fell through because of drug testing, and then he took a fight with Clottey two months later...all while Floyd was still calling him out and asking for the fight....at that point, I looked at Pac differently.

I'm not sure if he's dirty anymore, but I'd bet a few g's that he was dirty there for a while and I think that's the main reason why the fight hasn't happened....followed by Arum's desire to protect his fighter and keep both sides of the money...then I'd put a little blame on Floyd for not being more respectful with the offer in recent months...even though, he might have a point when you consider Pac's PPV numbers have been suspect in recent fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                    I stopped being a Pac fan when I became more active here. Hard to like the man with a fan base like his.

Then you can add all the other ****. The catch weights, the no testing, the Arums puppet stuff...
                    Then you should hate Floyd even more. With the fan boys he has, you'd think he was the Zeus of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
                      When they started ducking each other. I don't hate them. I'll cheer for them when they face people I don't like, and I won't cheer them when they face people I do like.
                      EXACTLY this^^^^^^^^^^^

I NEVER cared about who would win if they fought...I just wanted to see the fight...not anymore though.....at one time I thought Manny could put something on Floyd....but as time took its toll on that illusion....I came to my senses and saw that Floyd picks him apart all night long

Comment

Working...
                      X