Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pavlik Discusses Retirement, The Future, Bernard Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pavlik Discusses Retirement, The Future, Bernard Hopkins

Kelly Pavlik took the boxing world by surprise last week when he announced his retirement from the sport at only 30 years old. Pavlik was scheduled to face Super Middleweight kingpin Andre Ward but after Ward suffered a shoulder injury that would require surgery, the fight was cancelled and Pavlik decided to call it a career.

Pavlik states lack of motivation and being away from his family as the reasons for his decision. He informs he is financially secure and without a big fight for him on the horizon, it felt it was time to retire. Though he’s done with the sport as a fighter, Pavlik would definitely like to still be part of the sport in some way as he can’t imagine separating himself from boxing completely.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pavlik has problems and needs serious help

Don't let Pavliks retirement fool anyone. Pavlik is suffering from a disease and needs serious help. Without help pavlik will be gone in 5 years. look at his body art all tattoed up and his shriveled emaciated look. Nice family support Pavlik family.

Comment

Pavlik is as likely to stay retired as Haye was. We'll see him back in less than a year. What's he going to do all day?

Comment

He should have at least took his payday against Ward first, it's not like Ward could actually hurt him with his feather punches.

Comment

He mentioned commentating but he'd maybe be a bit quiet for that?

Good to hear he's financially secure and can retire on his own terms, a lot of boxers would do well to learn from that.

He had a top career and his losses to 2 legends are nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

He was a king of the world for a bit there. Not many can claim that status. I wish him the best in whatever the future brings him.

Comment

I respect Pavlik for this. Most of these boxers keep on fighting even when they're totally shot and refuse to turn away from the game. Then they end up retiring and try to make a come back. Let's hope that's not the case with Pavlik.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

As soon as your heart is out of the sport, you must walk away. Hopefully Kelly is able to keep himself on the right path; addiction is a dangerous disease, I wish him the best.

Comment

commentating?

are you serious, kelly? you burned that bridge a long time ago, man.

did pavlik not go on some ludicrous rant about raping people's mothers on facebook quite recently?

it's sad to think about how badly pavlik's life has been ruined. he's only got himself to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    commentating?

are you serious, kelly? you burned that bridge a long time ago, man.

did pavlik not go on some ludicrous rant about raping people's mothers on facebook quite recently?

it's sad to think about how badly pavlik's life has been ruined. he's only got himself to blame.
                    He posted something stupid on a social networking site, I can't quite remember which site or what he said.

I'll be very surprised if Pavlik could get a gig commentating to be honest, he just doesn't seem that sort of guy and I don't think he has any sort of charisma and things like that.

Won't surprise me if he gets back into the ring at some point. I hope he doesn't for his own future health but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X