Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was RJJ too fast at MW to be beaten by anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagler wouldn't touch Jones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      bennyst ........if you don't like my comments just ignore them! I don't care what you think so why care what I say, grow up and move on! Ray.
      Grow up?

Mate, you're the one that does nothing here but insult everyone needlessly and challenge people to e-fights.

Unlike you, I actually like the people here, like discussing stuff and reading other opinions. I actually read the posts instead of launching into my own egotistical little tirades that hardly ever have anything to even do with what's being discussed.

You're so far above everyone in your own mind, and supposedly so bored by us all, I don't understand why you even bother coming here.

Ray, seriously, think on this just briefly at least. I cannot remember the last time I saw a post of yours in here that did not insult either the whole history section and everyone in it or at least a few people here why making sure you threw in that your view was the only right one. Every single time.

Just calm down and try to enjoy the place. That's all we ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Grow up?

Mate, you're the one that does nothing here but insult everyone needlessly and challenge people to e-fights.

Unlike you, I actually like the people here, like discussing stuff and reading other opinions. I actually read the posts instead of launching into my own egotistical little tirades that hardly ever have anything to even do with what's being discussed.

You're so far above everyone in your own mind, and supposedly so bored by us all, I don't understand why you even bother coming here.

Ray, seriously, think on this just briefly at least. I cannot remember the last time I saw a post of yours in here that did not insult either the whole history section and everyone in it or at least a few people here why making sure you threw in that your view was the only right one. Every single time.

Just calm down and try to enjoy the place. That's all we ask.

That's the best advice possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
          Hagler wouldn't touch Jones.
          Bull$h!t! You think Jones is gonna fight 36 minutes vs Hagler and Hagler wouldn't touch him? I'm guessing you have never seen Hagler fight. Do some homework and you will see that who ever coined the phrase effective aggression was describing Hagler in his prime. Again, Haglers granite chin weathers RJJs early attack and somewhere between rds 9 and 12, RJJs weak chin fails him. Hagler wins although he is behind by 6rds or more on the cards

Comment

• RJJ was never tested against truly elite fighters at MW, apart from the Hopkins fight and Hopkins at that stage was nowhere near his best (still would have prime RJJ beating any version of Hopkins). I think Robinson and Hagler both beat Jones Jr and Monzon would have had a very good try too.

Imagine if RJJ had fought Eubank or Benn at mw or smw?? Jones has the upper hand but he would struggle, especially against someone with the granite chin and recuperative powers of Eubank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              RJJ was never tested against truly elite fighters at MW, apart from the Hopkins fight and Hopkins at that stage was nowhere near his best (still would have prime RJJ beating any version of Hopkins). I think Robinson and Hagler both beat Jones Jr and Monzon would have had a very good try too.

Imagine if RJJ had fought Eubank or Benn at mw or smw?? Jones has the upper hand but he would struggle, especially against someone with the granite chin and recuperative powers of Eubank.
              I don't see Robinson beating Jones in a real matchup. p4p different story of course...

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                RJJ was never tested against truly elite fighters at MW, apart from the Hopkins fight and Hopkins at that stage was nowhere near his best (still would have prime RJJ beating any version of Hopkins). I think Robinson and Hagler both beat Jones Jr and Monzon would have had a very good try too.

Myth.

Oh and if you arer going to bring up Eubank and Benn then you need to also bring up Thulani Malinga who beat Benn and fought Eubank VERY close.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Myth.

Oh and if you arer going to bring up Eubank and Benn then you need to also bring up Thulani Malinga who beat Benn and fought Eubank VERY close.
                  come on... Hopkins of 1993 was not Hopkins of 1998 (although the same applies to Jones to some extent)

Still, like the guy you quote, I think Jones would have always beaten Hopkins.

Comment

• As a MW, Jones fought in the next day weigh in era, which means Jones would come down to 160, then rehydrate up to 175-180, making him massive at the weight. I can't imagine guys like Hagler, Robinson, Monzon would have weighed more than 170? Combine that size, with his speed and skills, Jones is a beast at MW

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
                      come on... Hopkins of 1993 was not Hopkins of 1998 (although the same applies to Jones to some extent)
                      Why not? Hopkins was 28 and in his 24th pro fight, and didn't lose again for another 15 or so years dominating everyone along the way. Both guys were in their fighting primes(which lasted for another 11-17 years).

Comment

Working...
                      X