Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's say Lopez can take Canelo's power...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's say Lopez can take Canelo's power...

If he could, what chance do you give him then?
    I'm not going to lie, I'd give him a better chance if he can take the punches.
    I wouldn't mind seeing these two fight later on after Lopez fought a couple more WW and maybe a few JMW to test out the class and fill out his body.
    Right now though, it's too soon.

Back to the main question though.
    Would you give Lopez a better chance if he could take Canelo's power?

It is the year for upsets...

but then again Canelo will outsize Lopez in the masses, there's pretty much no way Lopez will win this.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
      It is the year for upsets...

but then again Canelo will outsize Lopez in the masses, there's pretty much no way Lopez will win this.
      He does outsize the hell out of him. Lopez may be taller, but he's also thicker.

Comment

Nah dude, that size advantage is just too much.

Comment

No.
          The gulf in class is way too much.

Canelo is too big, strong, everything.

I'll go on paper & say Josesito Lopez has absolutely no chance what so ever.
          He isn't coming close to getting a decision and he hasn't a punchers chance.

Comment

I don't think know if it's as much about whether Lopez can take Canelo's punch (I think he will) as much as I think it's about can Lopez hurt Canelo. I just don't see how he can. To be honest, if Ortiz hadn't been fighting with his mouth open and gotten his jaw busted, I don't think Lopez was really hurting him with his punches. BTW, I was noticing how weird Ortiz jaw looks anyway with his mouthpiece in (mouth shut) before the fight. I noticed it in the Mayweather fight too. It's almost like the mouthpiece is too big for his mouth, it just looks off, like he has a mouth full of water or something.

Anyway, I really like Lopez and would love to see him win against Canelo. But I don't think you can beat Canelo unless you can HURT him... and I don't know the Lopez can do that TBH.

Comment

Lopez is a warrior but with his poise and boxing know how alvarez wins points

Comment

I dont even think Josesito will be able to mount an offense. He'll fight in spurts, take whatever openings he can get n try to keep Canelo guessing with his movement. Theres a huge chance Canelo is gonna TKO him

Comment

he can't hurt Alvarez with his own punches
                  so even if he take's Canelo's, it won't help him
                  Alvarez is too massive for him, can't see him winning

Comment

Lopez will have to stay away from ginger & force ginger to follow while landing a brutal stiff, crisp jab. Clinch on the inside & move laterally. In short Lopez won't win this. Which is the precise reason why they chose him.

Comment

Working...
                    X