No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Would Consider Facing Bernard Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Would Consider Facing Bernard Hopkins

NEW YORK — Andre Ward was very respectful of Bernard Hopkins following Hopkins’ historic victory Saturday night at Barclays Center.

The undefeated WBA/WBC super middleweight champion made it perfectly clear that, though, that he is open to fighting Hopkins, who is adamantly against the possibility.

“If that’s a fight that’s in demand,” Ward said, “and something that could set up both our families for a long time, then I think that’s something both of us would consider.”

The 48-year-old Hopkins (53-6-2, 32 KOs, 2 NC) said after defeating Tavoris Cloud (24-1, 19 KOs) for the IBF light heavyweight title that he would not fight Ward for any amount of money because he considers himself a mentor and a friend to Ward.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Here we go.......

Comment

Comment

hopkins doesn't want that... hopkins has a history of not wanting that kind of thing.

Comment

lol Hopkins duckin omg guys. Ward is just saying he would if Hopkins would because he wants to fight on HBO. If they even consider this fight I would be shocked. lol people make fun of other fighters fighting old guys but the top p4p guy might fight a 48 year old Bhop. I'm not dissing Bhop but I think Ward needs to fight somebody else lol.
          Wouldn't it be funny If Ward forced a fight on Hopkins and Bhop whipped his ass and took his 0?

Comment

Hopkins vs Ward on PPV??? Hopkins would do it. Thats all this is about. Passing Ward the torch,possibly setting him up as a PPV star and making alot of money in the process.

Comment

Not going to happen Bernard Hopkins does not want to get in the kid way Just make Edwin Rodriguez vs Andre Ward next

Comment

Only in Wards backyard.

Comment

ward realized saturday night that he could beat Bhop . bhop is the biggest payday he could get other than chavez or martinez and I don't think either is going to 168 to fight him.

on paper it reads as a horrible TV fight. lets hope the fight is more exciting than the cloud fight if they dod decide to get in the ring.

Comment

I called this the other day when Hopkins started talking about this fight he would never have. They can hype the **** out of this and it will definitely sell. Its not a pretty fight, but if this is the fight that propels Ward into PPV territory, nobody in the sport will have earnt it more.

Comment

Working...
                    X