No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mijares May Have Ended Rafael Marquez's Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Mijares May Have Ended Rafael Marquez's Career

Mexico City, Mexico - A battle of former champions saw Cristian Mijares (47-6-2, 21 KOs) stop Rafael Marquez (41-8, 37 KOs) in the ninth round. After staggering Marquez with a hard bomb in the ninth, Mijares unloaded against the ropes as the referee jumped in to wave off the contest. The 37-year-old Marquez had promised to retire from the sport if he lost the match to Mijares.

[Click Here To Read More]

Mijares is a beast at 122!!! 15-0, 14 ko's above 118. Bring on Donaire

Comment

Mijares surprised me w/his power, or did Rafa slip that much, both, probably...xcellent win that rejuvinated his career.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
        Mijares is a beast at 122!!! 15-0, 14 ko's above 118. Bring on Donaire
        Don't fool yourself mijares is past prime himself.

Comment

That headbutt in the 1st was serious..... Glad the fight was able to continue

Comment

Being a fan of the Marquéz Bros it's sad to see Rafa go out that way, but it's part of the sport..But at least Rafa had a successful carrer being a world champion in 2 category's & always leaving all in the ring with his warrior mentality & one can't forget his wars with Israel Vazquez..& Mijares always had pretty good skills & decent power but for some reason at times he didn't show it..When he fought Darchinyan I swore he was going to beat Darchinyan, but instead of boxing Darchinyan, Mijares decided to fight Darchinyan's fight & brawled with him & made easier for Darchinyan to beat him..

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              That headbutt in the 1st was serious..... Glad the fight was able to continue
              Rafa was actually ahead in the judges cards until that brutal mijares left. Many fans are complaining that the stoppage was premature but I think the ref did the right thing. It saddens my heart that rafa has to go that way.

Comment

And this is why Nishi was so undoubtedly great... apparently.

Comment

Cristian didn't end Rafa's career.

Rafael Marquez and Israel Vazquez ended each other's careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
                    Being a fan of the Marquéz Bros it's sad to see Rafa go out that way, but it's part of the sport..But at least Rafa had a successful carrer being a world champion in 2 category's & always leaving all in the ring with his warrior mentality & one can't forget his wars with Israel Vazquez..& Mijares always had pretty good skills & decent power but for some reason at times he didn't show it..When he fought Darchinyan I swore he was going to beat Darchinyan, but instead of boxing Darchinyan, Mijares decided to fight Darchinyan's fight & brawled with him & made easier for Darchinyan to beat him..
                    I'm actually more of a rafa fan than JMM. At one point in time, I thought rafa has the ability to beat pacquiao.

Regarding that darch fight, I was surprised that it was datch boxing and not mijares, almost everybody was expecting mijares to easily beat darch. I mean that win against arce was still fresh in fans minds.

Comment

Working...
                    X