Collapse
No announcement yet.

RING's TOP 5 by the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FLoyd should have trumped pacman, that is the worst one on the list.

Comment

Can someone tell where the hell is Lennox and Tyson?

Comment

Looks right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          You made all these lists in entirety?
          Yes. There was a slight misunderstanding in that I rated the 20s in total and cut of rating at 09 for the last decade. It went as was and I enjoyed it.

Comment

Nice lists indeed! Kinda have a problem with no Lennox, but looking deeper into it he was more of a '95-'05 decade fighter.

No Delahoya for the '90s though? I certainly have him over Holyfield and Toney. Probably behind Jones and Pea.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              Nice lists indeed! Kinda have a problem with no Lennox, but looking deeper into it he was more of a '95-'05 decade fighter.

No Delahoya for the '90s though? I certainly have him over Holyfield and Toney. Probably behind Jones and Pea.
              Dlh in place of toney? Fine. But definitely not over holyfield. He had a monster decade and one of the best resumes in heavyweight history in that timeframe.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                They in this case was me. I authored that part of the isue. Very cool assignment.
                Solid list, congrats, cliff.

Comment

Solid list

I can only comment on the 1980's to 2009 as I was not alive to comment on the preceding years. I dont believe in commenting on fighters in which I have not seen a large catalogue of their fights.

Overall pretty solid list.

In the 1990's I would have had Roy number one as Pernell was on the slide in the mid - late 1990's.

2000- 2009 I would have Floyd number one. But thats only my opinion

Again good lists.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                    Dlh in place of toney? Fine. But definitely not over holyfield. He had a monster decade and one of the best resumes in heavyweight history in that timeframe.
                    Losing to underachieving moorer, twice to underachiever Bowe. He had the great win over Tyson though, which should really be overshadowed by King buying Holy a draw in the Lewis bout. As it is I have Jones, Pea, Oscar, Holy, Chavez rounding out the decade.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      Yes. There was a slight misunderstanding in that I rated the 20s in total and cut of rating at 09 for the last decade. It went as was and I enjoyed it.
                      Hey cliff, where did you put flash elorde on the 60's? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                      X