No announcement yet.

Cotto will return this year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
    it aint bout the bloody nose...he fought the fight of his life and made his country,his family and himself proud.he didnt back down and stuck with the game plan.if you measure that performance he put up against the most crafty fighter of this era and one of the best of all time.he can compete with anyone and beat these other average fighters.so yea thats a huge confident booster
    Exactly. Cotto fought the BEST boxer of this era, gave it his all and came up short in a valiant effort. He will forever be remembered as a rough, tough competitor who DID NOT back down from an ATG. I'm convinced Floyd is the best fighter of the past decade. Pacquiao is second to Floyd. People can scream, shout, whine, complain, digress, whatever....

If Floyd retires, the record books will forever recount Miguel Cotto's efforts against Floyd, and will forever remember Floyd digging deep, like a Champ, to beat a Cotto who finally proved HE TOO WAS, a Champ.

Comment

Good for Cotto, I agree with him and I think he can even improve a bit more under Diaz as he gets more used to that way of fighting. Plus I think mentally he is in a very good spot as long as he keeps up the proper work.

Comment

He should keep this new trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
          i wanna see kirkland-cotto
          lets get it on

Comment

it aint bout the bloody nose...he fought the fight of his life and made his country,his family and himself proud.he didnt back down and stuck with the game plan.if you measure that performance he put up against the most crafty fighter of this era and one of the best of all time.he can compete with anyone and beat these other average fighters.so yea thats a huge confident booster
            I don't know. He took a beating this last fight. Lots of head blows, lots! I'd hate to see him have another fight where he takes so many crazy power blows to the head again. Not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
              I don't know. He took a beating this last fight. Lots of head blows, lots! I'd hate to see him have another fight where he takes so many crazy power blows to the head again. Not cool.
              Some people get carried away with Floyd I think.

Comment

He should fight Bundrage for the IBF title this fall. Than, fight the Canelo-Kirkland winner in a unification in the Spring.

Comment

Would like to see cotto-Martinez and may vs pac at the end of the year. Can't see it tho!

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                    Would like to see cotto-Martinez and may vs pac at the end of the year. Can't see it tho!
                    Cotto is never going to fight Sergio. Sergio is just all wrong for him, in every way possible, and yes Cotto is a really good fighter.

I can see Cotto fighting Bundrage this fall to pick up a title against a Top 10 SWW, and than fighting Canelo in a big fight next Spring, assumming Canelo beats Kirkland.

Comment

This is boxing, this is not soccer. This is Miguel Cotto. This is not Felix Trinidad. Please stop spitting garbage like 'made his country proud' just put his family and himself into the equation ok...

This is not like some ****ing David Beckham free kick against Greece that literally made all of England stop breathing for 4 seconds... It's a boxing match that people stopped talking about outside of boxing forums 24 hours later.. calm down

Comment

Working...
                      X