No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Ponders Move to 147: Eyes Mayweather, Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana Ponders Move to 147: Eyes Mayweather, Berto

Recently Sebastian Contursi, advisor to WBA junior welterweight champion Marcos Maidana, reached out to me to share some of the latest developments with his fighter. One of the more imposing figures in the sport, Maidana is coming off of a 4th round knockout over Petr Petrov that took place on Recently Sebastian Contursi, advisor to WBA junior welterweight champion Marcos Maidana, reached out to share some of the latest developments with his fighter. One of the more imposing figures in the sport, Maidana is coming off of a 4th round knockout over Petr Petrov that took place on September 23rd in his native Buenos Aires, Argentina. [Click Here To Read More]

Mayweather would cop all types of **** for fighting Maidana. It would be yet another guy coming up in weight, another seriously flawed fighter with a wild and open style. Mayweather has proven shameful enough he might consider it, highly doubt he'd go through with it. How are they going to sell it to hide the obvious mismatch, battle of Ortiz's two daddies? Maidana should look for a fight with Bradley, that would be the next best option after Khan and Morales rematches.

Comment

after he tested the waters at welter i would mind maidana/berto, definitely wouldn't mind maidana/ortiz rematch

Comment

Madaina beats ortiz n berto at welter hes a beast

Comment

He's not ready for Mayweather. If Khan can outbox him then Mayweather would run circles around him. He has better reflexes and a better chin than Khan. I know it's hard to say for a fact but I can't imagine him having anything other than a puncher's chance.

Comment

surprised he doesn't wanna rule at 140, with Bradley,Khan and Devon gone, the divison is wide open for him to reign. He will not become more then a stepping stone at 147

Comment

After a warm up fight to test the 147 waters fine Berto but unless he beats several top names at the weight Mayweather never

Comment

kell brook vs maidana would be a good fight...........

Comment

If he goes up wonder if his power is coming with him

Comment

Don't know if he will do any better at 147 but he does look like s**t when he makes 140 at weigh in. He always looks very gaunt and pale. Maybe he will have more energy and stamina at 147 which might mean he won't gas out so early and have more pop on his punches in later rounds. Only time will tell. Exciting fighter to watch. Hope he fights Bam Bam before he moves up though, that a fight I'd love to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X