Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you naturally talk proper English?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I speak perfect Spanglish...

Comment

I believe its "speak" proper English, not "talk". And no, I do not.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Like instead of "It was him!" You say "It was he!". Or instead of "It was me", you say "It was I"? Or other phrases that make you look like you're rehearsing for a Shakespeare play?
        That should be, "Who speaks English properly?"

Comment

I did when I was visiting the Globe Theater in London and had a course in Shakespearean acting. It was a character defining moment for me, having to act as MacBeth in front of my entire class and I'm pretty sure Tom Cruise was hiding in the crowd. Let's just say I found out that acting is now the choice of career for me.

Comment

I don't, but one of my friends does sometimes.

He's actually not English though, which is why he speaks like it Like, instead of saying "Me and my friend went out the other night", he'll say "My friend and I went out..." and stuff like that.

Comment

I speak like that as well In my mother tongue and when I speak English.. Nothing wrong with being grammatically correct

Comment

Who wouldn't like to speak like that?

Comment

i sometimes say twas and yesternight

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    I believe its "speak" proper English, not "talk". And no, I do not.

I noticed that as soon as I typed it, but didn't care to backspace it. If you don't use It is I, or It was he, then why care about talking or speaking?

Comment

Working...
                    X