Clear All

• Lets play a role of promoter: IF Pacquiao fights Martinez

Would it make good money?

How much are Pac and Sergio worth?

Would its PPV command good numbers?

Its a pretty high risk low reward fight

It would not do any special numbers

Comment

Juice won't fight Martinez. Martinez is not past his prime.

Won't do numbers? You kidding??? Juice fought Clottey for gods sake. This would sell at least a mil. Put some Mexicans/Latinos on that undercard and it's guaranteed sell.

Comment

750k to less than 1 million. Clottey did 700k so I added 50k for more boxing fan interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Chorizo View Post
          Martinez is also a fuking middleweight in case you didn't notice!

Comment

Won't do numbers? You kidding??? Juice fought Clottey for gods sake. This would sell at least a mil. Put some Mexicans/Latinos on that undercard and it's guaranteed sell.
            Uh, uh, uh! It was called The Event, thirdly because of the matchup, secondly because it was Pacquiao who was headlining, and firstly because it was the first big event in the Dallas Cowboy's new stadium (barring football).

That's what sold that venue and fight.

Comment

Put your hate aside son. If you are promoter how much would you offer Pacquiao? and how much do you think would the other side offer Sergio?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Its a pretty high risk low reward fight

It would not do any special numbers
                If you are the promoter (the businessman), are you willing to put up this fight at this moment?

Comment

Man, no one outside of boxing fans know that Sergio exists. Not his fault, it's his 'promoters' job to make him a viable financial draw but when you're working with a glorified HBO booking agent, you get a guy who's never been on PPV and can hardly draw 4K people to his fights despite being the lineal MW champion and #3 P4P.

Of all of Pacquiao's options, this is by far the least lucrative (along with Berto who oddly enough is also 'promoted' by Dibella). Boxing fans would go nuts for it, not so much the general public unless Arum goes full blast on the promotion and shows Lou how it's supposed to be done.

Comment

as the promoter, i'll charge $35 for the ppv and announce that all the proceeds will be donated to the victims of the japan quake/tsunami.

for a measly amount, not only do you get a chance to watch a great fight but you also automatically become a humanitarian as well.

i bet ya this event sets records by a wide margin.

i'd die happy knowing that i made a difference in ppl's lives.

Comment

Working...
                    X