Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why's it only me that knows that Cotto is done at elite level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STONES! View Post
    Degraded Margarito (dented Cotto up and had him tiring in the 9th). Wayyyy degraded Mayorga (dented Cotto up). Foreman who was never as good as some cracked him up to be in the first place and finished the fight on one leg.

If you think Cotto still has enough left to not get stomped by the real prime, live, top guys around his weight, that's cool. But you'd better be reasoning on something other than the evidence of his last three fights.

There are a few guys in The Ring's top JMW's that I don't really rate. But again, I'd see REAL guys like Kirkland, Wolak, Angulo flattening Cotto and the likes of Dzinziruk, Lara, Rodriguez all beating him soundly.
    WOW!!! TALK ABOUT DELUSIONAL!

Cotto does EVERYTHING better than ALL those guys, please tell me you're kidding. Just bc they young don't mean **** dude, Margs is a grown man in top shape, stamina crazy, bigger than Cotto too! Still got whooped out!

Cotto never got banged in those fights, little nicks and marks so what! He got hit, but he won with TKO in all fights! Those *****s is all bigger than him too, naturally. You butthurt he won all fights. He needed ****ty opponents anyway to build him back up, wtf. He takes the guy out who took his soul the first time, took his passion for the sport away, and now he aint ready for young cats? PLEASE DUDE HE SPARKS ALL THOSE NAMES OUT! WE BETTING ON IT TOO!

Comment

I agree, i think Cotto might surprise Martinez. He's always got his hands down, and Cotto is a pretty dam good boxer.
      Yeah, I'm still of the opinion that Cotto would be Martinez' toughest challenge. Martinez has never faced anyone like Cotto before.

Originally posted by STONES!
      Again, I'd see guys like Kirkland, Wolak, Angulo flattening him.
      Maybe you can make a case for Kirkland and Angulo, but Powel Wolak? Are you ******ed?

Also, I kind of forgot about Lara. That's the one guy I favor over Cotto, but it's still a competitive fight. Nothing wrong with having competitive fights. People have gotten so used to Pacquiao dominating his recent opponents, that you can't be called elite unless your fights are one sided. I think this trend is stupid. Not to mention pacquiao dominating has a lot to do with careful matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
        I been saying this for a while. I said Cotto is going to take Margs' shots way better without plaster, be boxing beautiful and applying the new techniques he needed (clinch, off ropes, etc.) to beat Margs. I been saying for a while Cotto's not shot. He was just traumatized. That takes a while to get over, now he has redeemed himself and it's a wrap again. NOW people are seeing him and noticing he's not shot, except for blind haters like the TS, bc lets admit it, Margs is dangerous without plaster.

I always said what you did, that jab of Cotto's will be the main thing to give Martinez problems. That cat is too fukin cocky, beasting for a payday, desperate now. He doesn't want to fight the top MW's but he wants to talk mad **** about Pac and Cotto. Cotto would beat this dude at 154 and I know it. Cotto aint no punk, we saw how he pushed Margs around and took the shots now without plaster. Martinez got it twisted.
        The problem with boxing fans is they throw the word "shot" around to much after someone loses a fight badly. They should be smarter than that because "shot" fighters are guys like Roy Jones Jr who are fighting 10 years past their best days.

Cotto like you said is not shot and never was. He is still one of the best in the sport and clearly the best 154 fighter in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
          Cotto can't compete with any of the top boxers around.

He beat a super shot Margarito less convincingly than Mosley and Pacquaio. Struggled to beat Mayorga and Foreman. The dude is done. No longer elite, and will get run over by Pac again.

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
            WOW!!! TALK ABOUT DELUSIONAL!

Cotto does EVERYTHING better than ALL those guys, please tell me you're kidding. Just bc they young don't mean **** dude, Margs is a grown man in top shape, stamina crazy, bigger than Cotto too! Still got whooped out!

Cotto never got banged in those fights, little nicks and marks so what! He got hit, but he won with TKO in all fights! Those *****s is all bigger than him too, naturally. You butthurt he won all fights. He needed ****ty opponents anyway to build him back up, wtf. He takes the guy out who took his soul the first time, took his passion for the sport away, and now he aint ready for young cats? PLEASE DUDE HE SPARKS ALL THOSE NAMES OUT! WE BETTING ON IT TOO!
            Stones! is ******ed

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Maybe you can make a case for Kirkland and Angulo, but Powel Wolak? Are you ******ed?
              hahahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                Stones! is ******ed
                At least I'm not the only one noticing a trend lately.

Comment

Someone hasn't been taking their meds lately (Stones!) lol

That's the first reason for his stupidity.

The 2nd reason is his other personality is still butt hurt on the fact a plasterless Margarito was beat up by Cotto.

Sad, sad times.

Comment

Yeah, I'm still of the opinion that Cotto would be Martinez' toughest challenge. Martinez has never faced anyone like Cotto before.

Also, I kind of forgot about Lara. That's the one guy I favor over Cotto, but it's still a competitive fight. Nothing wrong with having competitive fights. People have gotten so used to Pacquiao dominating his recent opponents, that you can't be called elite unless your fights are one sided. I think this trend is stupid. Not to mention pacquiao dominating has a lot to do with careful matchmaking.
                    Been feeling like this but nobody listens lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      If you think he struggled to beat Foreman and Mayorga you should probably watch those fights again, and maybe have your guide dog do a better job of describing the action for you.

he's not ******ed. he just doesn't know **** about boxing. he needs to stick to playing grab ass with the rest of the butt****ers who've exiled themselves in the lounge. ****ing wolak. lulz.

kirkland and angulo would be tough fights. they're tough fights for anyone.

but martinez is the guy he needs to fight. he beats serg, (who i think beats cotto personally, but that's neither here nor there) he proves he's elite once again.

only then would i think he has a legit chance at beating pac at 154 (not 150).
                      Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 12-24-2011, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X