Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My feelings on last night, Khan, and Khans future.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're gonna be an Amir Khan supporter, one of the things you need to accept is that he's an incomplete fighter with vulnerabilities and it will likely ever be thus.

He's dazzling in spells, though, has a ton of heart and brings excitement, so all is not lost. He doesn't have to be P4P Picasso to be a fighter worth following.

Everyone around him, his team and fans, need to calm down and let the big dates come in their own time. He's still got much road ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      What you mean? Both Marg and Khan struggled inside. Marg is a good inside fighter but only good when he dictates the pace. When Cotto pressed he was pushing Marg around and dominating him on the inside.
      I didn't see Cotto being hugely effective inside, sorry. I saw him mostly spoiling there (which is strategically fine), not consistently fighting inside.

Tony landed punches inside and did pretty well there considering Cotto had his arms wrapped around him in damn near a crouch so as to forklift him back with all his might.

Comment

Now, Lamont Peterson was effective inside. He actually fought there.

Not an apropos comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
          Now, Lamont Peterson was effective inside. He actually fought there.

Not an apropos comparison.
          He was very effective and I see where you are going but Cotto was also effective. Maybe he wasn't so effective with damage but by being up close to Marg he never was never really able to extend his arms and get Cotto. Then Cotto was able to back away, box, move, and then come in and frustrate Marg. Both effective in different ways imo. Either way, inside Marg really couldn't do much unless he was getting Miguel against the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            He was very effective and I see where you are going but Cotto was also effective. Maybe he wasn't so effective with damage but by being up close to Marg he never was never really able to extend his arms and get Cotto. Then Cotto was able to back away, box, move, and then come in and frustrate Marg. Both effective in different ways imo. Either way, inside Marg really couldn't do much unless he was getting Miguel against the ropes.
            Strategically and as a component of an overall gameplan, what Cotto did up close was effective in muting Margarito somewhat, and it was beneficial to him over the 9 rounds that the fight lasted, but it wasn't a demonstration of effective "inside fighting". Two too nuanced cases to be likened, for me.

Comment

Working...
            X