Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye – To Get Vitali, Dereck Chisora Must Go Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Haye – To Get Vitali, Dereck Chisora Must Go Down

By Thomas Gerbasi - The retirement of David Haye didn’t last long, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t enjoy it while it was happening.

“I had a big retirement party in London that everybody came to, and that was really nice,” said the former heavyweight and cruiserweight champion of his walk into the proverbial sunset following his 12 round decision loss to Wladimir Klitschko on July 2, 2011. “They were playing all my old fights on the big screen and everyone was getting drunk and enjoying it, and celebrating my victories and what I’ve done in the ring. It was nice.”

Boxing has a way of getting its claws into you though, and almost immediately, Haye, still a young man in his physical prime at 31 years old, was haunted by the specter of a return. A post-Klitschko visit to heavyweight legend Lennox Lewis’ place in Jamaica didn’t help matters either.

“He’s a great guy and he’s also retired but people keep telling him to come back,” recalled Haye. “He said you do what you’ve gotta do.” [Click Here To Read More]

Love him or hate him...This time, he's largely correct.

WAR HAYE!!!!!

Comment

I am really pulling for Chisora here.

Haye talks far too much, I would love to see him KTFO.

Comment

BOXING SCENE PLEASE REPLACE AMIR KAHN AND B HOPS PIC AT THE TOP OF THE HOME PAGE WITH JM MARQUEZ AND DONAIRE!!!

Comment

haye v chisora

Going by his weight at the weigh - in, Haye is going to be on the run,again! (a la Valuev /Klitschko ). Chisora is heavier than the Klitschko fight -add a stone on from the weigh-in too and he's well out of shape.
          I see the fight as a replay of Chisora / Fury except that Haye will be much more on the run! I would like Chisora to win but-like Haye - he's in there for an unexpected big pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy View Post

i'm dissapointed bossy. Chisora is a criminal, he assaults women, kisses people, bite's peoples ears, spits in peoples faces. slaps people.

Haye talks a lot, but he's just promoting himself and his fights, he's not a bad guy underneath the hype machine. Chisora is rotten to the core.

Comment

chisora is a little heavy - haye is in good shape as ever ... probably better shape than his last few. Best guess is haye does a job on del boy.

haye was what 210 with jeans on? pretty light and if chisora was able to stay on him and in his face then haye would be in danger of being worn down, however i see chisora eating something big in the first round or two, he'll either go down/be hurt or he'll walk thru it. If he shrugs it off and walks thru it haye is in trouble - but thats where the ten rounds instead of twelve could still save him. (the fecker is covering all the bases)

I suppose the other possibility is haye pulls another con job stays away looking for the odd pot shot all night long and boxes his way to an easy UD in a bit of a stink fest. I don't think this will happen though he tends to be more agressive v heavyweights that are a 'normal' size ... ruiz ... barrett etc.

Either way Haye has to be big favourite but we all know his weaknesses (though in fairness he showed a half decent chin against wlad) so its by no means a dead cert.

Comment

Feel a bit sorry for Khan, his British support will be too busy with the Haye-Chisora fight. I'm pretty sure we know what the biggest fight tomorrow is

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy View Post

yeah, Haye is coming across as an arrogant prick, just like he did before the Audley Harrison fight.

I hope Chisora gets at him but honestly all the advantages are in Haye's favour from the ref to the no. of rounds and I'm not sure he needed them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    yeah, Haye is coming across as an arrogant prick, just like he did before the Audley Harrison fight.

I hope Chisora gets at him but honestly all the advantages are in Haye's favour from the ref to the no. of rounds and I'm not sure he needed them anyway.
                    This

I honestly belive Chisora is a domestic level fighter and is going to get torn to shreds tomorrow.

Honestly Haye can afford to open up in there, 50% ko's against very poor opposition chisora isnt going to worry him

Hell 247lb chisora went the distance with paul butlin a couple of years ago

Comment

Working...
                    X