Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people bashing Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know why anyone would blame him, Someone also had to pass Pacquiao the torch in the past, Now its Bradley's time to accept the torch, No need to hate at all, Its just a cycle that goes from old to new, Now we would have Bradley fans worshiping Arum and eating up every single word that comes out of his mouth just like a lot of Pacquiao fans, Cotto fans and Mexican fans until he sells Bradley out too.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
      Bradley said he won. That's why a lot of people are bashing him and it's on record that he said that. I think Bradley gave a good performance and he didn't embarrass himself but come on, even he didn't think he won the fight - apparently before the decision he told Bob Arum that he "tried but could beat him [Pacquiao]". As soon as the decision is announced, he then says he won the fight (quoted from some British Broadsheet Newspaper) and now he acted like he definitely won - hardly anyone believes this. Don't bring up Marquez 3 - close decisions are a different story (for the record, I had it a draw).
      I hope you aren't really holding it against Bradley that he won't admit he lost. The only fighter I've ever seen admit they lost was Leonard about the Hearns rematch, and that was years later I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
        just like the marquez/pac fights right?
        Sure, everyone knows Marquez is Pacquiao's kryptonite, except the hardcore Pac fanboys of course.
        But those fights were at least close & very entertaining, especially the first one.
        Bradley vs Pacquiao on the other hand was anything but close, we could compare the fight to lewis-holyfield 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Bradley deserves immense credit for going almost the whole fight with a broken foot, a fight IMO he had to know he was losing. Guy showed heart and guts and gets nothing but respect from me.

He still lost this fight by at least 4 rds IMO.
          For fighting through the injuries? I can agree with that.

As far as the fight itself Bradley showed an amazing lack of gumption by his well known standards. Once he realized his shots were utterly useless against Pacquaio and took a few of Manny's loaded power shots he all but stopped trying almost completely. Again, not sure how much his injuries may have affected him, but if I'm remembering correctly it was his heart that went. Then his ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
            Bradley said he won. That's why a lot of people are bashing him and it's on record that he said that. I think Bradley gave a good performance and he didn't embarrass himself but come on, even he didn't think he won the fight - apparently before the decision he told Bob Arum that he "tried but could beat him [Pacquiao]". As soon as the decision is announced, he then says he won the fight (quoted from some British Broadsheet Newspaper) and now he acted like he definitely won - hardly anyone believes this. Don't bring up Marquez 3 - close decisions are a different story (for the record, I had it a draw).
            Firstly, stop listening to any BS that Arum is fielding you, secondly do you really believe any boxer would come out and say yea i lost? Did Pac come out and say yeah i lost again JMM? Dont expect competititors to admit losing...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Dont expect competititors to admit losing...
              That's one thing.

Doing interviews going "And the newwwwww! And the newwwwww!!!!" and claiming you are #2 P4P is another.

Comment

Tim did what he was supposed to do. Maybe he didn't bust Pac up but he did eons better than Cotto, Hatton, DLH and Clottey did. If you rewatch the fight on mute, the fight was a hell of a lot closer than 10-2...I tell you that.

But the bottom is line is that Tim made the best moves for his career, what Arum's motives are aren't Bradley's concern. People can cry about if they want but he is now in a place that almost any other boxer in the world would die to be.

Pac should have been on the DL with his plans for his career instead of keeping Koncz around to tell Arum every little detail. Arum knows Pac was trying to leave and make the Floyd fight happen and he wasn't going to allow it.....that fight is toast now and if Pac wants to leave Arum, let it be. This rematch will have a contract extension involved with it and if Pac refuses to sign, he'll lose this one too.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  For fighting through the injuries? I can agree with that.

As far as the fight itself Bradley showed an amazing lack of gumption by his well known standards. Once he realized his shots were utterly useless against Pacquaio and took a few of Manny's loaded power shots he all but stopped trying almost completely. Again, not sure how much his injuries may have affected him, but if I'm remembering correctly it was his heart that went. Then his ankle.
                  Don't know man......Pac was nowhere to be found in rounds 10-12.....he didn't win any of those rounds and further more, he only fought for 30-40 seconds at the end of every round in the rounds that he did win/steal. You look at that fight and Bradley won a majority of every round until Pac caught him with a few noticeable punches that got him the round.

I admit, Tim looked tired for the first time I have ever seen him but he wasn't running anywhere...it's called boxing. There is nothing there that says you have to sit in front of the other guy and slug it out with him. I for one, was shocked at Pac's punching power...he was almost knocking Tim off balance when he blocked his shots....still giving Pac the benefit of the doubt on that subject but it his power is almost too uncanny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Firstly, stop listening to any BS that Arum is fielding you, secondly do you really believe any boxer would come out and say yea i lost? Did Pac come out and say yeah i lost again JMM? Dont expect competititors to admit losing...

Well, that's the thing. Bob Arum, as much as that guy is trash - he wouldn't tell a complete lie like that. If he's lying, he'll use white lies but a statement such as to the effect that Bradley said "I lost" or something along those lines is pretty significant. Also - people have got to remember that Bradley is also a Top Rank guy and a promoter saying bad things about his own fighter says a lot. Like De La Hoya tweeted, if Bradley has any self-respect he'd have gone straight to Pacquiao and handed him back his title. Pacquiao won a close decision in the third fight - what I still don't understand is how people can blame Pacquiao on what was an extremely close fight that it was in no way a robbery. I actually had it a draw.

I agree, most Boxers wouldn't say they lost but this fight was more than a robbery it was that bad. This was even worse than Williams-Lara, Alexander-Matthysse and Abril-Rios combined.

Comment

Originally posted by m00ks View Post
                      He just got bored chasing.

Anyweyz, not real hate on Bradley. He trained hard, persevered, got a gift decision that wasn't his fault. But I wished he took it to Pacquiao with all his talk. Cuz it was pretty clear he didn't.
                      Thats why you cut off the ring, simple.

Bradley did everything in his ability, its the person everyone came to see who was content standing there not doing anything you should be frustrated with.

Comment

Working...
                      X