Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

El Kid Chocolate....do you claim him or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Kid Chocolate....do you claim him or not?

Didn't look great vs Winky IMO but he could have something......Latinos...do ya'll claim him as one of us??

Peter Quillin, whose father is Cuban, grew up in Grand Rapids. He calls himself "Kid Chocolate" in honor of the highly-popular Cuban boxer. He had eight amateur fights. The tall, aggressive Quillin turned pro in New York and signed with Cedric Kushner. He had many of his fights televised, flaunting one-punch knockout power in either hand that built him a huge following despite his average opposition and lack of amateur pedigree. Quillin tosses out Hershey's chocolate kisses to the crowd after each win

He reps the Cuban flag.. I wonder if he speaks Spanish though? The question should be to the Cubans, if they claim him as one of their own? I say if you have Latino ethnicity and you claim it, then yeah you are Latino..

Comment

I honestly wasn't impressed with him. I understand that Winky isn't what he used to be but he's still a tough guy who has never been stopped.

I think in order fro Quillin to really get some attention, he needs to throw more punches, be more active.

Comment

this question should be to cubans

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
          He reps the Cuban flag.. I wonder if he speaks Spanish though? The question should be to the Cubans, if they claim him as one of their own? I say if you have Latino ethnicity and you claim it, then yeah you are Latino..
          makes sense to me......

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
            this question should be to cubans
            I don't think we have any cubans..........

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              I honestly wasn't impressed with him. I understand that Winky isn't what he used to be but he's still a tough guy who has never been stopped.

I think in order fro Quillin to really get some attention, he needs to throw more punches, be more active.
              he is a bit wild....pretty unorthodox IMO....no body is ever gonna accuse him of being "pretty" in the ring....the looping punch he floored Winky with was effective but ugly....don't know if he catches a "sharper" boxer with that one.....

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                He reps the Cuban flag.. I say if you have Latino ethnicity and you claim it, then yeah you are Latino..
                Agree with you...

Comment

Last edited by -jose-; 06-06-2012, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                    I don't think we have any cubans..........
                    Hay como 5. Dos de ellos participan.

Si esta en el ser latino y representar, bueno por el y lo apoyo. Cada cual se debe sentir orgulloso de sus raices y si el lo esta, me alegro mucho.

Comment

Working...
                    X