Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mikey Garcia make an impression last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mikey Garcia make an impression last night?

This is my opinion. For someone who is in line to face the winner of Salido/Juanma, I dont think he did enough to impress the networks or draw any interest from the casual fanbase. Granted, he is a solid boxer and has all the fundamentals, but he didnt do anything that would make anyone say "wow, I cant wait to see him in the ring again". He was in the ring with a mediocre opponent and it showed. Not to mention Garcia has absolutely no noteworthy names on his 28-0 resume. If you ask me, he isnt ready for the likes of a Broner, Salido, Gamboa, etc.

He's the next Tommy Hearns!!

Comment

Its hard to say, his opponent wasnt able to bring anything out of mikey. I mean you know he's got some skill and pop, but how much? He was on cruise control most of the night. Last night left many questions unanswered imo. He needs a better/more aggressive opponent to bring out his best.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
        Its hard to say, his opponent wasnt able to bring anything out of mikey. I mean you know he's got some skill and pop, but how much? He was on cruise control most of the night. Last night left many questions unanswered imo. He needs a better/more aggressive opponent to bring out his best.
        At the same time you can say he was in with an opponent who was there to be hit and Mikey didnt step on the gas the way he should have in order to draw some attention to himself. He did get the win via KO but after a lackluster jab fest.

Comment

He did to me,I think he beats either fighter who was in the main event last night...I wanna see him step up in class tho,I think it will tell us more about the kid..

Comment

Decent fighter don't see him going to far though

Comment

Mikey fights so well that his fights seem boring because he's walking around dominating fighters so easily. He can get them out quicker but I admire the fact that he does his own thing at his leasure!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Mikey fights so well that his fights seem boring because he's walking around dominating fighters so easily. He can get them out quicker but I admire the fact that he does his own thing at his leasure!!
                He's dominating the fighters he's fought, but who has he really fought? Yes he goes at his own patient pace and it may be beneficial to his own "self preservation", but will it do anything for him as far as attracting the networks or casual fans?

Comment

I think he showed the patience, the calmness of a vet. I think he is very mature beyond his years. Very calculated fighter. Doesn't waste punches either. Just tries to break you down. I like Garcia as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    He's dominating the fighters he's fought, but who has he really fought? Yes he goes at his own patient pace and it may be beneficial to his own "self preservation", but will it do anything for him as far as attracting the networks or casual fans?
                    Mikey's been on showtime airwaves for some time now & I suspect he'll stay right there. He's supposed to be in line to fight the winner of the main event. You'll see all you need to know when he dominates Salido.

Comment

Working...
                    X