Magee back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magee back

Magee makes successful comeback

Eamonn Magee completed his comeback from a horrific street attack with a successful defence of his WBU welterweight title in Belfast.
    Magee delighted a partisan King's Hall crowd with a three-round stoppage of Dane Allan Vester and looked impressive towards the end of the encounter.

The 34-year-old had looked rusty early on and the first two rounds were cagey.

But the Ulsterman forced Vester to take four mandatory counts in the third before the referee stepped in.

Magee said: "It's fantastic. I've got to take my hat off to the doctors. It's fantastic to get back. You see the crowd, they're obviously delighted.

"I knew I was going to do it once I got off my crutches. I'm hoping to maybe have another defence this year, maybe move back down and have Junior Witter. We'll see if we can get that fight on."

Doctors told Magee he would never fight again after being left with multiple injuries including a punctured lung and fractured left knee last February.

This was the guy who fought like four people and got stabbed while jogging right?

Comment

I dont like his chances against witter,but he has worked miracles just
      to get back in the ring.

Comment

he has done well to even get back into the ring, but i think he was always just a ''nearly man'' he had hatton down in the first round of their fight, but he coudn't finish him off, and done nothing in the later rounds

Comment

Working...
        X