No announcement yet.

Conspiracy theory...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy theory...

This dude at my work emailed this to me. He saw it on a hip hop forum...there's no proof and I don't believe it myself. Your thoughts?

"Andre Berto pulled out of the January 30th fight with Shane Mosley. He cited that several of his family members (cousins, aunts, etc) were killed in the earthquake in Haiti. Because of this, he hasn’t been able to focus and train like he wanted to and needs to focus his efforts on his family.

Now that is totally understandable and I believe there is some truth to it. HOWEVER – word is leaking out today that he got paid a HUGE amount of step aside money by Golden Boy Promotions so that Mayweather can fight Mosley instead in March or April. Crazy right? A couple of days ago Berto was saying he is dedicating this fight to the honor of those lost in Haiti. Now he saying, he decided it’s best to withdrawal. Again, that would be totally understandable if that was the sole reason and I sympathize totally with his grief..But a few days ago, he said he felt even more motivated to train harder for the fight now. Hmmm. But even if the thought “only” crossed his mind about withdrawing, that rumored 3 million they tossed him to step aside probably helped make his decision a little easier".

Seems fairly logical...

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
      Seems fairly logical...
      It does, right? But I don't know how to feel about it. If he's using a major tragedy as a smokescreen, that's a bit immoral. That's kinda like saying a relative died just to get out of work. I'm wondering if Shane chipped in...

Comment

i dont know what to think...could be true...or maybe it really affected him. But i don't care i prefer mosley vs mayweather

Comment

Who knows?

Comment

Could be true. But i beleive Andre and as gutted i am the fights off i totally understand, u cant step up to the Elite for the first time and take on the Legend that is Sugar Shane Mosley if ur mind aint right

Comment

Does anyone know how much he would've made for the fight?

Comment

Well, I guess there could be some truth to this if Mosley/Mayweather gets made. Right now, I'm skeptical that Floyd will take this fight so I'm not going to put on my tin foil hat just yet.

Comment

Working...
                X