Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which managers wont be around next season?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which managers wont be around next season?

As a Liverpool fan I was mixed with emotions last night, of course happy that Liverpool beat Birmingham 0-7 but I can honestly say I felt sad for Steve Bruce!

Doesn't take the brains of a Bishop to work out that he is down to days left in the job not weeks, months or even years and that is sad becuase I feel he is a good honest manager who up until this season has done a excellent job and had even been touted as a future England Manager.

Who will follow do you think? Any shocks?

The obvious ones on the back of McCarthy leaving from Sunderland are Robson (West Brom), Rednapp (Portsmouth) and perhaps O'Leary (Villa).

I wouldn't be shocked if Coleman got the boot from Fulham either as they have had a weird season, one of the best sides at home yet one of the worst away.

Add into that will Moyes go to Newcastle? Are Newcastle a bigger club than Everton?

Any thoughts?

Oasis Lad, any shocks you think in the SPL?

Comment

i think Newcastle is definetly a bigger club than everton. more funds to work with, more prestige the whole nine. when you think of the top sides in english football you think of the big 4 (Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea and Man U) and then Tottenham and Newcastle follow suit as the clubs casual fans think of as tops in terms of name recognition, financial clout, etc IMO. Of course i am a liverpool fan so i will never EVER give everton credit for being a big club. Lousy toffee scum

Comment

Originally posted by the giant one
        i think Newcastle is definetly a bigger club than everton. more funds to work with, more prestige the whole nine. when you think of the top sides in english football you think of the big 4 (Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea and Man U) and then Tottenham and Newcastle follow suit as the clubs casual fans think of as tops in terms of name recognition, financial clout, etc IMO. Of course i am a liverpool fan so i will never EVER give everton credit for being a big club. Lousy toffee scum
        Your probably right, I live in Liverpool so its easy to get blind sided with the two clubs, although I used to live in Newcastle also.

Everton are by far the more successful side, when I was growing up it was a Liverpool/Everton domination especially in the mid eighties but they have gone off the boil (which I am glad)

Newcastle are a big club finacially and support wise but haven't really ever had any major success (the odd cup here and there)and there is immense pressure there for success which has led to a quick turnover in Managers, dont forget though they were not in the top flight until about 14 years ago so...

For me Moyes should stay with Everton, difficult one though!

Comment

Chelsea do my head in!

Again they scrape through, pound to a penny we draw them in the next round!

Comment

I feel that maybe ferguson is on borrowed time at utd. I just have a sneaky feeling. I think robsins job at wba is safe for now and o'leary and bruce are as good as gone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raging Bull
              I feel that maybe ferguson is on borrowed time at utd. I just have a sneaky feeling. I think robsins job at wba is safe for now and o'leary and bruce are as good as gone.

Yeah, perhaps, Ferguson has done an awesome job at United no question, the last few seasons have been disapointing but he is still doing a good job! League cup winner and second in the Premiership is a good job, however I do think he is on the way down and United could do with some new idea's and fresh blood, its hard to compete with the bank account of Chelsea though regardless of the Manager!
              Add into that the Glazers impact on the club, the lack of quality youngsters coming through (compared to days of old)and you can see tough times ahead for United!

Clubs have spells, Liverpool dominated for 18 years 1972 - 1990(12 titles, 3 FA cups, 4 European Cups, 4 League Cups, 2 EUFA Cups) but some would say ran dry in the next 16 years (2 FA Cups, 3 League Cups, 1 EUFA, 1 European Cup)

United then took over, perhaps its now Chelsea's time? (Obviously Arsenal are always in the mix!)

Comment

Originally posted by MickyHatton
                Oasis Lad, any shocks you think in the SPL?
                well hearts have all ready been through 2 managers this season so
                i wont be surprised if the 3rd is sacked before the new season

and alex mcleish as u know is leaving anyway

Comment

Originally posted by OASIS_LAD
                  well hearts have all ready been through 2 managers this season so
                  i wont be surprised if the 3rd is sacked before the new season

and alex mcleish as u know is leaving anyway

Why did Hearts sack Rix?

What happened, I mean they are having their best season for how long! Still miles behing your boys but.....

Has Keane been a good signing? I know he is injured now but has he performed?

Comment

Originally posted by MickyHatton
                    Why did Hearts sack Rix?

What happened, I mean they are having their best season for how long! Still miles behing your boys but.....

Has Keane been a good signing? I know he is injured now but has he performed?
                    he's been great strolling through games without really having to do anything a sign of how good he is but he is talking about quitting football for good at the end of the season becuase of the reccuring injury problem

as for rix he was sacked becuase the new hearts chairman is quite clearly power mad and tries to pick the team and decide the signings which is why george burley left

Comment

Working...
                    X