Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd thinks he is a PPV draw............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd thinks he is a PPV draw............

but is he really? Three fighters come to mind as some of his highest earning PPV's: Hatton, ODLH, & Cotto. Not saying he can't draw, but I think he is full of himself and reality will hit him when he fights for 2nd rate Showtime and doesn't draw such high numbers as before. I for one am disappointed in the network switch as well, but as long as he fights more often I can't complain.

He'll get sales on name alone. But yeah, if you put a Tyson/SRL/ODLH/Trinidad/Ali/SRR/Hearns/Duran in today's era, they'd blow him out the water.

The combination of social media, and the internet have drastically inflated his numbers.

Even a guy like Benitez. The Puerto Rican fans would eat him up, and pay to see him fight.
    Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-22-2013, 03:33 AM.

Comment

1) The thread is stupid.

2) Yes he is a PPV draw.

3) In case you ask me why he is a PPV draw; compare his opponents ppv figures with other fighters. With Floyd those guys reached record breaking figures. Yes De La Hoya is a draw but he has never come close to 2 million ppv sales. Outside of fighting Pacquiao Cotto hasn't come close to a million sales either.

Obviously Floyd's sales benefit from fighting high profile opposition but that is kind of what you'd expect from someone putting on a ppv event, fighting a big name to add to the event.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        1) The thread is stupid.

2) Yes he is a PPV draw.

3) In case you ask me why he is a PPV draw; compare his opponents ppv figures with other fighters. With Floyd those guys reached record breaking figures. Yes De La Hoya is a draw but he has never come close to 2 million ppv sales. Outside of fighting Pacquiao Cotto hasn't come close to a million sales either.

Obviously Floyd's sales benefit from fighting high profile opposition but that is kind of what you'd expect from someone putting on a ppv event, fighting a big name to add to the event.
        Oscar wasn't prime in the internet and social media era. Some of his numbers were bordering Tyson territory.

If you inflate that to today's standards, I'm pretty damn confident they blow Floyd's #s out the water.

And are you on crack??? The reason why Floyd's #s are so big, is because of Oscar........
        Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-22-2013, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          1) The thread is stupid.

2) Yes he is a PPV draw.

Then get the F out of my thread. smh

Comment

a small PPV attraction. I've always bought his PPVs to watch the b-side fight.

Ortiz, Marquez, Cotto, Gatti, De La hoya, Hatton etc
            Last edited by LeG00N; 02-22-2013, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              Oscar wasn't prime in the internet and social media era. Some of his numbers were bordering Tyson territory.

If you inflate that to today's standards, I'm pretty damn confident they blow Floyd's #s out the water.

And are you on crack??? The reason why Floyd's #s are so big, is because of Oscar........
              Just like a ***** hating on another man's success.

Comment

Son how about someone answer this simple question. Then who the **** is?

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post

They didn't have internet streaming in those days either, the numbers would be lower if there was.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    Son how about someone answer this simple question. Then who the **** is?
                    ya really if floyd aint a ppv attraction no one is

Comment

Working...
                    X