Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the best fighter since Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't get why the hell made Jones so greater than great apart from moving pretty in the ring against sub par comp most of the time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        I still don't get why the hell made Jones so greater than great apart from moving pretty in the ring against sub par comp most of the time.
        Well his comp was far greater than either Klit plus he moved up in weight. Don't you rate the top 10 all time heavyweights?

Comment

He's a lot better than Antonio Margarito and Oscar De La Hoya all-time. That's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            ooooooh...that's a tough one...its pretty close but i'll go with Adrien Broner
            hehehehehehehehehe :Aui:

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Well his comp was far greater than either Klit plus he moved up in weight. Don't you rate the top 10 all time heavyweights?
              By beating who? Like two really good guys? Yes I do rate the Klits as top 10 ATG HWs. I also rate Jones as a great as an ATG as well. Just don't get this greater than great stuff that people make him out to be. I still think Whitaker was better than Jones.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              He's a lot better than Antonio Margarito and Oscar De La Hoya all-time. That's for sure.
              I never said Margarito was great. Oscar fought better people and besides look at what Jones is doing now. Taking hits to his legacy by continuously getting his ass pushed in by guys like Green.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                McCallum was well passed it.

I don't even consider it an overly good win for Roy. He has much better.
                McCallum was well passed it, yet, in his very next fight, he fought the trilogy[third fight] with James Toney, and till this day James Toney calls that the toughest fight of his career. This was right after Jones completely outclassed McCallum.

This literally looked like Pacquiao fighting Marquez twice in some good fights at a lower weight, then Mayweather dominating and outclassing Marquez at a higher weight class. Pacquiao tries to do the same now, thinking that the coast is clear, thinking Marquez is easy pickings because he's older and at a higher weight class and plus what Floyd did to him. But again, Marquez gives him all he can handle.

Toney and McCallum fight twice in lower weight class, Jones fights McCallum at a higher weight class and an older McCallum, and dominates him. Toney tries to follow suit, only to get a hell of a fight from McCallum.

A lot of differences here of course, like Toney and Jones actually fighting eachother being one of them. But all in all, you can see the similarities. And, this was a still pretty much a very good James Toney, not yet the fat HW Toney.

Comment

By beating who? Like two really good guys? Yes I do rate the Klits as top 10 ATG HWs. I also rate Jones as a great as an ATG as well. Just don't get this greater than great stuff that people make him out to be. I still think Whitaker was better than Jones.
                  Jones beat three all-time greats, almost every alphabet #1 rated fighter he needed to defend against and was completely dominant during his prime. He did thine over 4 weight classes and even beat a heavyweight on par with any Klitschko win. These are just the facts and not even taking into considerations his amazing talent that can be argued if not the best ever than certainly somewhere near the top. The Klits have dominance but lack resume. Vittles can't even be argued to be close to the same talent and Wlad really isn't close. This is why Jones is so highly thought of. All-time p4p he's a top 30 fighter, maybe higher.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Jones beat three all-time greats, almost every alphabet #1 rated fighter he needed to defend against and was completely dominant during his prime. He did thine over 4 weight classes and even beat a heavyweight on par with any Klitschko win. These are just the facts and not even taking into considerations his amazing talent that can be argued if not the best ever than certainly somewhere near the top. The Klits have dominance but lack resume. Vittles can't even be argued to be close to the same talent and Wlad really isn't close. This is why Jones is so highly thought of. All-time p4p he's a top 30 fighter, maybe higher.
                    There is a reason he didn't stay at HW. Ruiz was just there for the taking and Jones saw that opportunity. Oh yea btw...that fight...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. **** if Pernell was in Jones' shoes, he'd fight Lewis. Jones was a major opportunists.

I find it funny you tried to be sneaky with that alphabet #1 rated fighter. Sucks he didn't do the same with some of the divisions he was in.

LOL I still don't see how the hell he's top 30 ATG ever. Besides HWs usually are in one division and Jones had several to play with and I still don't see what the hell is so special with being that high. I watched a lot of his fights too and you can just tell the dudes he fought just weren't that good. They were just guys HBO hyped up to make Jones look like a god and people like you ate that shit up.

Oh yea since you question Vitali for taking steroids maybe you ought to do the same with Jones and his magical ripped fuel.

Anyways that's my opinion. From some miracle I might see it but I highly doubt it.

Comment

There is a reason he didn't stay at HW. Ruiz was just there for the taking and Jones saw that opportunity. Oh yea btw...that fight...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. **** if Pernell was in Jones' shoes, he'd fight Lewis. Jones was a major opportunists.

I find it funny you tried to be sneaky with that alphabet #1 rated fighter. Sucks he didn't do the same with some of the divisions he was in.

LOL I still don't see how the hell he's top 30 ATG ever. Besides HWs usually are in one division and Jones had several to play with and I still don't see what the hell is so special with being that high. I watched a lot of his fights too and you can just tell the dudes he fought just weren't that good. They were just guys HBO hyped up to make Jones look like a god and people like you ate that shit up.

Oh yea since you question Vitali for taking steroids maybe you ought to do the same with Jones and his magical ripped fuel.

Anyways that's my opinion. From some miracle I might see it but I highly doubt it.
                      Lol, opportunist? He was a lightheavyweight and still beat a fighter as good as either Klit has beat. And how exactly was I being sneaky? Jones was the unified lightheavyweight champ at 175. He beat the number one guy at 168, as well as an all time great.

If Jones comp was hyped up than what do you say about Vitaly's? Even Wlad for that matter who I rank 16th all time? If Roy's comp really wasnt that good as you say how can you even have the audacity to say the klits comp is better than given credit for?

I guess you've never read my posts or threads concerning Jones and steroids or why there has been no out cry for him to be OST tested. I purposely left the issue of steroids out of his discussion to keep it on topic. If you knew as much as you thought you did you would have known my stance on Jones as well as any other fighter who has tested positive.

Anyway you slice it though you cannot argue Roy's talent, power, speed or skills. I'd be happy to to a comparison of competition if you wish. I have no doubt I can show his was superior in every way.

Comment

Working...
                      X