Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez can fight Pac at 150, but can't fight Kirkland at 154????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probly cause kirkland at 154 is much more dangerous than pac at 150. yea kirklands chin is suspect, but he can bang, and at 150 pac poses no threat to sergio, whereas kirkland poses a big threat. this is not a difficult question to answer

Comment

this fight could be a very frustrating fight for Kirkland...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        What is the motivation to move down to fight Kirkland?
        Martinez's people have said he wants to move back down to 154 a few times now. Why not fight Kirkland at 154 if you are talking like you want to move back down anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          It certainly is. But Im referring to the weight. I dont see what Kirkland has at 154 to ask Martinez to go down there. You'd think they'd just fight for the middleweight title.

Martinez offered Angulo a 155 catchweight if I remember correctly so maybe something can be worked out.

I think its pretty moot anyway because Anne Wolfe already admitted she wanted Kirkland nowhere near Sergio yet.
          No, Anne Wolfe said they needed a few (2) fights to be ready for Martinez. They're fighting in #1 this weekend. If Kirkland wins then goes on to beat Vanes or Canelo next, the Martinez fight is right there.

Comment

Why does it matter if it's at 154 or 160? To me Kirkland already looks like a bigger guy than Martinez. The only difference is that they won't have to dehydrate themselves too much to make weight. Martinez will come in at 165 and Kirkland will come in whatever weight he wants.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-20-2012, 12:55 PM.

Comment

in martinez kirkland sergios the boss, in pacquiao martinez mannys the boss.

Comment

martinez fan boys continue to cover up for that bike rider but the proof is in the pudding !!!!!!!! sergio would rather fight smaller guys and euro bums !!!!! but he wont pick on someone thats his own size !!!!! he wants to get in the ring with manny and floyd so he can out weigh both of them by at least 17 pounds on fight night !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

In terms of selling the fight to the public, does it make more sense to fight at 154 with no belt on the line than at 160 for the lineal middleweight championship of the world?

Comment

if only kirhland was'nt chinny, i dont mind it...but its easy fight for sergio imo..sergio boxes circles around him and knocks his ass out...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      What like Darren Barker?
                      Kirkland wasn't even an option when that fight was getting done.

James Kirkland was still recovering from a KO loss from Ishida.

Ann Wolf said herself that James wouldn't be ready for Sergio for 2 or so fights after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X