This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lots of two-faced posters here

over the last couple of years i have read many posters comments on this forum without ever responing. Those posters have trashed Smokin Joe Frazier claiming him to not be an ATG Top 10 fighter, they have rubbished his acheivments and claimed he would be slaughtered by the likes of Klitschko brothers & Lewis etc. Now those same posters are posting comments about how great Joe Frazier was now that he is suffering from Liver Cancer. `what a bunch of hypocrites`

Originally posted by The Boxing Gob View Post
    over the last couple of years i have read many posters comments on this forum without ever responing. Those posters have trashed Smokin Joe Frazier claiming him to not be an ATG Top 10 fighter, they have rubbished his acheivments and claimed he would be slaughtered by the likes of Klitschko brothers & Lewis etc. Now those same posters are posting comments about how great Joe Frazier was now that he is suffering from Liver Cancer. `what a bunch of hypocrites`
    By the looks of things, this thread must be directed at those in NonStopBoxing section, because that is simply not the case here,... the majority here mostly like Frazier a lot,... N.S.B. however may be a different story,,.. a lot of Klitards there.

Comment

I'm not sure who you're talking about but I currently and always have considered Joe Fraizer to be an ATG, Top 10 HW.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I'm not sure who you're talking about but I currently and always have considered Joe Fraizer to be an ATG, Top 10 HW.
        Agreed. I had him 8 on my list. Joe Frazier has almost always been my favourite Heavyweight. It used to be Ali for a month or two when I didn't know **** about boxing. Then at 14 I watched the Thrilla in Manilla Doc and well, that changed my opinion drastically.

I was planning to head through to the HOF in the next year or two to meet him and my other favourites but, it looks like I'm not going to be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boxing Gob
          well i aint gonna name names but those i am talking about know who they are. they post here in the history section almost daily and have several thousand posts, they usually "gang up" on anyone who expresses an opinion which differs from their opinion and they have trashed Joe Frazier when ever his name is mentioned on this forum. one guy in particular even has authority in this section yet claims Joe Frazier is not an ATG or a Top 10 fighter, the same guy also makes those same claims about Rocky Marciano.
          You can still respect a fighter and not rank him in the Top 10. I don't think I rank Dempsey in the Top 10 HW but, I've never been rash about it and I still respect him.

I feel the poster you're talking about only differs in opinion but, still respects Smokin' Joe. It's not as if he goes out of his way to tarnish his legacy he still remains to look at it objectively and just comes to a different opinion about it.

Ranking is very subjective and that should be taken into account when reading lists.

You do get some idiots out there though, prinzemanspoppa is one who has always went out his way to put down the great Joe Frazier but, thankfully he is banned now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boxing Gob
            well i aint gonna name names but those i am talking about know who they are. they post here in the history section almost daily and have several thousand posts, they usually "gang up" on anyone who expresses an opinion which differs from their opinion and they have trashed Joe Frazier when ever his name is mentioned on this forum. one guy in particular even has authority in this section yet claims Joe Frazier is not an ATG or a Top 10 fighter, the same guy also makes those same claims about Rocky Marciano.
            Name names, you seem to have quite a strong opinion on this so why not ?.

Don't make a thread directed at people then hide who you're talking about, because for one I don't have a clue who it is and this seems like a pretty random thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Name names, you seem to have quite a strong opinion on this so why not ?.

Don't make a thread directed at people then hide who you're talking about, because for one I don't have a clue who it is and this seems like a pretty random thread.
              The only one I can remember as a Frazier hater is princemanpooh and he cannot post here anymore so yeah. TS has to give some names or STFU.

Comment

ive said that i believe the klitschko brothers would KO Frazier. . . But I've also defended his accolades and rightful position in the hall of fame (which lyle fitzsimmons said he didn't belong there - i put lyle in his place). . .

but even if a poster doesn't believe he would beat a certain fighter, or isn't a top 10 ATG HW (which i don't think he is), doesn't mean they can't respect and love the guy and honor WHAT HE DID achieve. . .

has nothing to do with people who don't believe he's as good as others (even poor lyle fitzsimmons) having respect for him and honoring him for the memories. . .

Comment

TS is just trying to sound like he's "in the know" and has known something about frazier all along before he got ill that nobody else has. . . names and quotes, ****, or gtfo.

Comment

Even if you don't rate him highly as a fighter (although in my view it's quite impossible not to) you can still pay your respects to the man now that he's in a bad way.

Comment

Working...
                    X