Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Danny Garcia Ducking Lucas Matthysse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

garcia is not intrested in AK..i think ak would sign for the fight tomorrow,dont think garcia would

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
      WBC interim light welterweight champion matthysse (32-2, 30 KO’s) will be fighting lightweight hank lundy (22-2-1, 11 KO’s) on the undercard of the alexander vs. brook on jan 19 in LA. this fight is seen as a warm up for matthysse considering lundy is on a 2 fight losing streak.

according to an online poll conducted by the ring magazine, 27% of 3,855 fans wants garcia to fight matthysse in a sure barn burner, while 45% voted brandon rios as the top opponent for garcia.

hypothetically speaking, once garcia disposes of judah on feb 9, the next big fight is garcia vs. matthysse and should be done sometime july 2013. matthysse is the mandatory challenger to garcia's WBC belt and both are promoted by golden boy, so there is no reason for this fight not to get made. if GBP won't make this fight, it's because garcia (more like al haymon) is cherry picking his opponents and intentionally passing over legit competition. i'll boycott garcia's next fight if it's not matthysse.

your thoughts?
      If Danny doesn't fight Lucas after say 2 to 3 fights, then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
        To say Danny is ducking is just plan stupid. Before his fight with Amir you could make an argument that Amir was a more dangerous fighter than Lucas yet Danny still took that fight. So for him to not duck Amir back than and go and duck Lucas now makes no sense.
        Thats the funniest thing I've ever read on nsb.

Comment

if garcia loses to judah, he's gonna blame it to his so called rib injury. in any case, matthysse could avenge his so called to to judah in a rematch.

Comment

Working...
          X