No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa Rejects Juanma Fight: That Ship Has Sailed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gamboa Rejects Juanma Fight: That Ship Has Sailed

Former unified featherweight champion Yuriorkis Gamboa (22-0, 16KOs) made a rare radio appearance when he spoke to us on BoxingScene.com's official audio show, The Boxing Lab last Tuesday.

Gamboa has largely stayed under the radar since having his contract bought out by rapper 50 Cent. He returned to the ring after a 15 month layoff last Saturday and won a twelve round unanimous decision over Michael Farenas on the Manny Pacquiao versus Juan Manuel Marquez pay-per-view undercard. [Click Here To Read More]

It has indeed sailed.

Hopefully promoters will realise that mega-fights can't be left too long. Juanma had shown a few times before Salido that he could be stopped and kill this fight and they still held off to keep the Juanma cash flowing....then Salido crushed him twice and just like that, a mega-fight became irrelevant.

Comment

I disagree people still want to see this fight, especially if juanma comes back and gets a good win or two. I do agree though that arum waited too long and didnt make the fight when demand was at its peak. Partially juanmas fault too for losing to salido.

Comment

The 00's was the era of promotional greed.

Comment

I still wanna see it, just make the fight at a higher weight where both guys wouldn't be drained.

Comment

Nope don't wanna see it, that sheet has marinate, overcooked, burnt and now in the bin.

Comment

I wouldn't mind it considering how Gamboa looked Saturday. I still pick Gamboa, but it could be fun.
              Last edited by RL_GMA; 12-10-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Gamboa is too fast, too strong for Juan ma at this point..not interested.

Comment

Gamboa has some serious ring rust Saturday night. He got the win, but not without some scary moments.

Comment

Still very interested

Comment

Working...
                    X