No announcement yet.

Info request

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info request

If anyone has that book of workouts from boxing champions, could you please post the regimen of Aaron Pryor? I'm interested in his program because of his insane stamina and punch output. Also, who's workout in that book looks the hardest?

count me in 2 , u got me interested now Tysonforeman

Comment

warm up; 20mins of full-body stretching
      *20 mins of full body stretching
      *3x3 min rounds of shadow boxing (30 sec brak between each round)
      *3x3 min rounds bobbing and weaving (under a rope attached to the walls at shoulder height punching upwards as you come under the rope and moving forward all the time)
      *6-10 3 min rounds sparring (30 sec break)
      *4x3 min rounds sparring (30 sec break)
      *9 mins jumprope
      *25 mins of floorwork, including pushups, abdominal work, stretching

He spent a total of 3 hours in the gym 6 days a week.

Comment

Hmm...I guess that's what you have to do to be able to throw nonstop punches for 15 rounds! Seriously though, I've never seen a Pryor fight, does he really throw that many punches or are they exaggerating?
        I would love to see a prime Henry Armstrong fight. His heart was 33% larger than normal and he had a resting heart rate of 36. After a round his heart rate returned to 36 during the rest period! That's INSANE stamina!!! He must have been impossible to deal with.

Anyway thanks alot for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonForeman
          Hmm...I guess that's what you have to do to be able to throw nonstop punches for 15 rounds! Seriously though, I've never seen a Pryor fight, does he really throw that many punches or are they exaggerating?
          I would love to see a prime Henry Armstrong fight. His heart was 33% larger than normal and he had a resting heart rate of 36. After a round his heart rate returned to 36 during the rest period! That's INSANE stamina!!! He must have been impossible to deal with.

Anyway thanks alot for the info.

Mr. Hawk Time Aaron Pryor, Was a ferocious fighter and always threw a large output of punches. He was crazy with power and speed. He met a young Tommy Hearns in the amateurs and obliterated the man.

Ohh yeah, Prior is 5'7

Comment

Just watched that fight again - great fight. Wouldn't say Heanrs was obliterated though, Pryor won on points
            Last edited by Toller; 01-23-2005, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Check out my post " I got wha chu want..." in the General boxing talk forum.

Comment

don't forget he used to get up at 5:00 a.m he did a 10 minute stretch and ran 5 miles and after the run he did some exercises like jumping jacks, sit-ups and press-ups, and finished with light stretching.

his favorite exercises was the heavy-bag and he trained six days a week sunday's of.

Comment

I take it youve got that book too....i thought it was pretty good, but all the boxers do the same thing more or less, so the book was a bit repetitive

Comment

Originally posted by ShotgunSeanK
                    I take it youve got that book too....i thought it was pretty good, but all the boxers do the same thing more or less, so the book was a bit repetitive
                    yes it was, and he should of gave us more details, how much minute miles they run, the sets and reps of the strength workouts, and he just had to go a little deeper in their workouts, but overall it was good, you can clearly see there are no special routines or shortcuts, just heavy-bag sparring running etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X