No announcement yet.

hbo or showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Personally, I find Paulie to be a very good & fair commentator. I remember watching the Cotto/Trout fight & him calling the fight similar to how I saw it. By the judges wide scorecards you'd swear Cotto got completely dominated.
    Paulie has some really bad scorecards in his time so far. Its hard to take him seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Personally, I find Paulie to be a very good & fair commentator. I remember watching the Cotto/Trout fight & him calling the fight similar to how I saw it. By the judges wide scorecards you'd swear Cotto got completely dominated.
      And by Paulie's scorecard, you'd swear it was an even fight, which is wasnt.

Fair in what way exactly? He scored The Cotto-Trout fight a draw, and i forgot which other fight he got completely wrong as well. He also started b1tching about punch stats and his own fight being close after he was beat up by Cano. Paulie is the opposite of fair, he's crazy biased

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        And by Paulie's scorecard, you'd swear it was an even fight, which is wasnt.

Fair in what way exactly? He scored The Cotto-Trout fight a draw, and i forgot which other fight he got completely wrong as well. He also started b1tching about punch stats and his own fight being close after he was beat up by Cano. Paulie is the opposite of fair, he's crazy biased
        He had Guevera beating Santa Cruz through 7 or 8 rounds and literally gave no mention to anything Santa Cruz was doing. When Bernstein did, Paulie would discredit it.

Comment

Both have good fights but the commentating on Showtime is 1000 times better. Al Berstein alone is better than anything HBO has.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Both have good fights but the commentating on Showtime is 1000 times better. Al Berstein alone is better than anything HBO has.
            ya agreed i hope showtime is able to start scorin some ppv's honestly

Comment

I think we're going to be hearing Paulie on the mic for years to come, he has the gift of the gab.

Visually I prefer HBO's slicker presentation over Showtime's.

Comment

hbo i consider showtime step up from espn 2 lol

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                  As far as who puts on the better fights/cards, it's undoubtedly been Showtime over the last four or five years.But I find it difficult to support a network that would pay somebody like Malignaggi to commentate.I don't care if Tarver is a steroid abusing milkd^d that cheated on his wife, because he's far and away better than that twat.

EDIT: milkd^d is censored?
                  Gotta dissagree with you there, Paulie is pretty damn good IMO. I think he and Roy Jones are great expert analyst, Raul Marquez is OK too. I like Tarver, but he has to lay low for a while, he'll get a shot again

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    I agree, HBO has better fights and Showtime has better commentary. Although Showtime closed out the year strong.

Thank god I don't have to choose though, my employer provides me with both

Comment

Lampleys voice is iconic imo and HBOs presentation is better too. I like the HBO team personally but I also like Showtime as well, they have a different vibe and energy which I dig too. Honestly I think Paulie is GREAT as a commentator, does a top job. I prefer HBO a bit more but Showtime has definitely stepped up their game starting from 2011, gotta admit. Boxing commentary is still much better than MMA commentary too. The UFC has Goldberg who is AWFUL, Florian and Anik as a duo are bland as ****, The Voice Michael Schiavello just goes over the top and has some of the most ridiculous, silly sayings. I like Joe Rogan, he has a lot of knowledge about the MMA game, gives good insight and while he can be a little unprofessional at times (more so the past few years probably due to how much he does his podcast and its got him getting too comfortable and the fact he is high) he is still solid.

Comment

Working...
                      X