Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If roach is responsible for all of pac's success, why is pac his only elite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If roach is responsible for all of pac's success, why is pac his only elite fighter?

Why is pacquiao his only fighter on the elite level? And why is pac the only champion he has majorly influenced?

Toney didn't become a noticably greater fighter when he hooked up with roach, neither did tyson or de la hoya.

If roach was so incredible a trainer, why can't he just find another no talent, no skill, no intelligence fighter and make him a 7 division world champion?

tyson was shot

oscar was at the end of his career

toney was already great

Comment

Who said Roach is solely responsible?

Comment

You're forgetting about the next Mexican legend and GOAT JCC Jr

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          Who said Roach is solely responsible?
          i see it a lot- this thread is for those people

Comment

I think the general view is that pacquiao was already a talented fighter but a bit raw in some aspects and Roach simply helped improve his game to become a more complete fighter. I don't think this is debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
              tyson was shot

oscar was at the end of his career

toney was already great
              o.k so name me another great fighter that was under roach, and i'll give you another example of how roach isn't that great a trainer- at least not as much as other masters of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab- View Post
                You're forgetting about the next Mexican legend and GOAT JCC Jr
                I can't wait til they put him up against a real fighter lol

Comment

I think Roach himself has said that he's not the best trainer, he's just surrounded by great fighters. Pac already had that raw talent but Roach simply refined it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                    I think Roach himself has said that he's not the best trainer, he's just surrounded by great fighters. Pac already had that raw talent but Roach simply refined it.
                    kind of eminds me of Angelo Dundee in that respect.

what about Khan however> he seemed to get pretty good after joining Roach's camp.

and also, simply surrounding yourself by high level boxers will make you better. If youre getting sparring rounds in against awesome guys, youre going to learn a lot more than sparring against bums.

Comment

Working...
                    X