No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Wants Vitali or Stiverne-Arreola Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Wants Vitali or Stiverne-Arreola Winner

Deontay Wilder spoke to BoxingScene.com on Oct. 25, prior to him stepping on the scale for his Oct. 26 bout with Nicolai Firtha.

BoxingScene.com: How much footage have you seen of Nicolai Firtha?

Wilder: “I haven’t looked at no footage. I can only go by real life. I only saw him in the [Wladimir] Klitschko camp with me. I can go off that, that he’s definitely a tough guy. He took a lot of punches from Wladimir. The thing about it, he don’t move his head.

“I think that’s a big risk, a big issue as far as being in the heavyweight division. The division is based on power. You got these strong guys throwing punches at you, and 95 percent of the time they’re landing because you’re not moving your head. That can be a problem, especially with a guy with my stature that is all about power. But other than that, he’s an awesome guy outside the ring. He’s a tough guy inside the ring.” [Click Here To Read More]

Don't let your eyes get bigger than you stomach. Take your time and get a few names under your belt.

Comment

I think Stiverne vs Wilder would be interesting because I think Stiverne can take Wilder's power and it would be interesting to see if Wilder can go the distance. Also we would get to see if Wilder has a good beard cause Stiverne can crack. Should that fight get made and Wilder wins, I can see him being the man at HW for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
        I think Stiverne vs Wilder would be interesting because I think Stiverne can take Wilder's power and it would be interesting to see if Wilder can go the distance. Also we would get to see if Wilder has a good beard cause Stiverne can crack. Should that fight get made and Wilder wins, I can see him being the man at HW for a while.
        True, but we haven't seen Wilder fight nobody with a solid jab. Someone with a solid jab will be his true first test.

Comment

Deontay Wilder shatters the optical illusion that is Wladimir Klitschko's chin.
          Last edited by Mr Ehrmantraut; 10-26-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

So sad, but Stiverne or Arreola would be a HUGE step up.

A shot-to-**** Vitali would kill Deontay.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              So sad, but Stiverne or Arreola would be a HUGE step up.

A shot-to-**** Vitali would kill Deontay.
              I agree, he still too young for one of K brothers.
              Last edited by Nomadic; 10-26-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

This guy is capable of great things. How do I know? Wilder beat Audley Harrison. Anybody who can defeat fate and destiny has no limits.

Firtha is a stepping stone. 30 down next step... not sure. My knowledge of heavyweight boxing stiffs is fairly poor.

Comment

Stiverne would snap his neck, he'd probably beat Arreola though who has no head movement and just plods forward.

Comment

I really like his attitude. He's confident but not some delusional dude who believes his own hype. I wish him all the best and it would be wonderful for the HW division if it turns out that Wilder is the real deal. I just don't see it and I think he'll get KO'd as soon he steps up and fight a quality fighter.....I DO hope I'm wrong though.

Comment

Working...
                    X