No announcement yet.

Pressure needs to be put on Bob Arum to make Donaire vs. Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brains4boxing View Post
    i would love to see dis....but wont get my hopes up.....golden boy and top rank need to cut dat **** out.....rios vs matthysse donaire vs mares,floyd vs manny all dat ***** needs to happen
    It can happen, it's just that they will never co promote TOGETHER. One company has to buy out the entire fight and promote it themselves.

Comment

wont happen because bob arum is one greedy scumbag....

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
        I believe this fight will happen. The only time TR and GBP don`t get along is when mayweather is involved.

Like one mentioned maidana-karrass and Lara-Martirosyan is proof of that.
        lara/martirosyn was a purse bid that top rank won. golden boy had no involvement in the fight.

karass was released by top rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
          wont happen because bob arum is one greedy scumbag....
          Yes, because Golden Boy has nothing to do with it...

Comment

Oh please. Put pressure on Arum? LMFAO Not gon happen. This dude has robbed fans of great fights for years and will continue to do so.

Comment

I'd rather see Mares vs Santa Cruz. Mares vs Donaire would still be good i guess. Donaire would probably have a highlight knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Yes, because Golden Boy has nothing to do with it...
                Mares said that Oscar assured him he will try to make this fight.

Comment

Steve Kim = Top Rank shill

There was more than 5 k there, staples holds 20 thousand for boxing events there had to be at least 10 k, maybe steve was implying only 5 k were bought and the rest were comps?

But Abner Mares has a huge fan base for a lighter weight fighter, its Nonito Donaire who is overhyped when it comes to his drawing power. Nonito can't draw flies, the pinoys do not support this man for some reason. Carson has lots of filipinos yet he only sold like 500 tickets at a small outdoor arena?

Nonito is overpaid I heard he gets a minimum of 800k per fight but has been making a million a fight recently with his new top rank deal.

Comment

There is NOTHING we can do as fans, aside from sending death threats or some **** like that. Promoters run boxing, they say "jump" and networks and sanctioning bodies say "how high?". It is what it is.

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    funny gifs
                    Damn!

Comment

I work at staples. As of monday before the fight, they had to cut staff for the event because only 2 k had been sold. I talked to a couple of supervisors and they said 5,200 at the gate with a lot of give aways

Comment

Working...
                      X