No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Proves To Be 'The One' With Dominating Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Proves To Be 'The One' With Dominating Win

By Luis Sandoval - On the biggest stage boxing can provide, Floyd Mayweather (45-0, 26KOs) once again proved why he’s the best fighter in the world as he dominated and handed Saul “Canelo” Alvarez his first professional loss Saturday night. The final verdict was a surprising Majority Decision as one of the judges strangely scored the fight a draw with a 114-114 scorecard while the other two saw it 117-111 and 116-112 in favor of Mayweather.

Mayweather looked sharp and accurate as he controlled the fight for 12 rounds and negated Alvarez’s offense and attack. For those who complained about Mayweather moving too much in fights, he made sure to stay in the pocket and he often stood toe to toe with his bigger rival and made for an exciting and interesting contest.

Alvarez came into the ring with a 15 pound weight advantage but it would not be a factor as the fight was fought in the middle of the ring all night. Trying to box the best boxer in the world was a gamble and probably ill advised but Alvarez tried his best and came up short. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Luis Sandoval - On the biggest stage boxing can provide, Floyd Mayweather (45-0, 26KOs) once again proved why he’s the best fighter in the world as he dominated and handed Saul “Canelo” Alvarez his first professional loss Saturday night. The final verdict was a surprising Majority Decision as one of the judges strangely scored the fight a draw with a 114-114 scorecard while the other two saw it 117-111 and 116-112 in favor of Mayweather.

Mayweather looked sharp and accurate as he controlled the fight for 12 rounds and negated Alvarez’s offense and attack. For those who complained about Mayweather moving too much in fights, he made sure to stay in the pocket and he often stood toe to toe with his bigger rival and made for an exciting and interesting contest.

Alvarez came into the ring with a 15 pound weight advantage but it would not be a factor as the fight was fought in the middle of the ring all night. Trying to box the best boxer in the world was a gamble and probably ill advised but Alvarez tried his best and came up short. [Click Here To Read More]
    Given everything that Canelo has going for him, he fought an interesting fight. There was still a bit of intrigue in the latter part of a Floyd fight. However, that's all it was. There was a whitewash that took place tonight.

Comment

Garcia shuts up the haters again time to move up to 147 and dominate fight Devon Alexander or any of the other champs Danny is a superstar maybe now the haters will give him his respect

Comment

but but but but but but but but but but but

Comment

I told people months and months ago that Guerrero brought way more tools to the table than Canelo ever could. I stand correct.

Comment

My thoughts on the fights:

Gotta say I was very disappointed in the Garcia vs Mattysee fight, however Danny was loading up on those lowblows all night long and that knocked wasn't even a knockdown. But overall good performance by Swift.

As for the main event I must say I'm getting tired on Showtime turning into the Mayweather Show when ever he fights, commentary was very bias just plain ignoring all the work Canelo put in just to slurp Mayweather off, the production team only showing replays of shots Mayweather landed but just totally ignoring Canelo's offense. Terrible night for boxing overall.

Comment

Originally posted by icebergisonfire View Post
              Given everything that Canelo has going for him, he fought an interesting fight. There was still a bit of intrigue in the latter part of a Floyd fight. However, that's all it was. There was a whitewash that took place tonight.
              I expected better, not a miracle but a better outing. The moments when he would have Floyd at the ropes or near them and backed up were just like twilight zone moments. Mayweather was magnificent tonight and fought the fight he needed to but damn it if I didn't expect this kid to be better prepared. It's almost like he stopped at the gas station paid for the gas but never filled up. Hell after Round 4 I thought he was conserving energy...boy was I wrong. This dude showed up because it was too late to not show up. He better take some of that $12.5 million and go work with Brother Naz...like seriously. I'm shocked Oscar didn't go out of pocket and pay for an old head to help the kid out. How you losing a fight and still refuse to try and trap...he's talking in the interview "Like I can't catch him"...well he stood in front of you longer than he would for most opponents...did the weight factor in? Who knows and who cares but man I truly expect more from this cat, don't even see how they can justify a payperview for him after that stinker he put up even if it was against Floyd...I would've respected him more for going out on his shield fighting.

Comment

he proved to be able to get a decision against a green fighter out of his natural weight.

Comment

Brilliant performance.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    he proved to be able to get a decision against a green fighter out of his natural weight.
                    haters gonna hate?

Comment

Working...
                    X