No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: We Will Surprise Mayweather, and The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: We Will Surprise Mayweather, and The World

WBC/WBA junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-0-1, 30KOs) is already working hard in training camp, as he prepares for the biggest opportunity of his life - Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs) - on September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Canelo is about to complete the first stage of his training in Guadalajara.

"That day I will shock the world. This is exactly why we are working hard, this is our moment," he said. "We started well, I'm psyched to win, because against an opponent like Mayweather we must train very well and I'm having the best preparation of my career. We are training hard and as a result there will be no problems [with the catch-weight of 152-pounds.]"
    [Click Here To Read More]

I believe it.

I'd love Canelo to come in at 158lbs and say **** Floyd lets see how you like it then beat up on him.

Comment

just because he fights at a calculated pace, doesnt mean he's an intelligent fighter. I think he's pretty smart but he's still only what? 22? Even if you are super smart for 22, youre not as smart as you will be at 36. Not even close. He might win this fight but it wont have anything to do with him beating Floyd with his smarts. That will get his ass schooled

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
        I believe it.

I'd love Canelo to come in at 158lbs and say **** Floyd lets see how you like it then beat up on him.
        how would that be cool? I could see if you said 154 but 158? Really? Floyd wouldnt even fight him then unless he takes Canelo's whole purse for himself and he still might not even do it

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          just because he fights at a calculated pace, doesnt mean he's an intelligent fighter. I think he's pretty smart but he's still only what? 22? Even if you are super smart for 22, youre not as smart as you will be at 36. Not even close. He might win this fight but it wont have anything to do with him beating Floyd with his smarts. That will get his ass schooled
          I don't think age has much to do with how smart someone is. I can definitely say he's not as seasoned as someone at the age of 30+, because that comes with experience.

Comment

I believe it.

Why would that be cool? What's wrong with boxing fans?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              how would that be cool? I could see if you said 154 but 158? Really? Floyd wouldnt even fight him then unless he takes Canelo's whole purse for himself and he still might not even do it
              People should remember Spinks vs Eddie M. Eddie refused to lose the weight and Spinks refused to fight. Anyway, 158 would be way over the jm weight limit.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                Why would that be cool? What's wrong with boxing fans?
                So Floyd coming in over the contract and beating up JMM a career FW/sfw is cool. But Canelo refusing to drained is not. What's wrong with boxing fans?

Comment

I believe it.

Imagine if he came in at something stupid at like 150 just to make a point, didn't balloon up by fight night and threw Floyd a brutal beating. I'd laugh so hard I'd hurt myself.

Comment

You won't surprise me champ. I already know you're gonna beat the breaks off that ass clown.

Comment

Working...
                    X