No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Push in The UK Can Only Help Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Push in The UK Can Only Help Khan

Despite winning an Olympic silver medal and two world titles at light-welterweight, it’s fair to say Amir Khan has never enjoyed soaring levels of popularity in Britain. Consider his following compared to predecessors Ricky Hatton or David Haye, particularly while boxing away from home, and there’s no contest as to who attracts the fewest travelling fans. A string of detrimental tabloid stories, coupled with his recent move to America, only compound Khan's dwindling popularity among his countrymen.

[Click Here To Read More]

imagine that.. joining khans stable and getting mixed up in all the bull you'd be treated like a dog by his deluded family.
    theres a reason people dont like khan.. he talks a good talk, he's also a cocky cock
    and dare i say it he gets alot of hate for being a muslim. he'll never be as popular as hatton

Comment

Great news. Not the Khan part, I don't care about that.

UK is a great country and I'd like to see more of its fighters.

Originally posted by Juof View Post
      and dare i say it he gets alot of hate for being a muslim. he'll never be as popular as hatton
      That's nothing to be ashamed of

Comment

Khan will never be popular in the UK, his personality is like the least appealing type to british people.

Comment

Articles rubbish. When khan fights here in UK it's always packed. Only Hatton gets more. There was 10K vs McKloskey, 20K v Barrera, 10K v Salita, 10K v Kotelnik & none of those fights were in his home town of Bolton. Carl froch gets 8K in his home town of Nottingham & never fights outside of there as no one knows him. Same with brook. He always fights in his home of Sheffield in front of 5-6K. Khan fights all over the UK & packs out venues. Love him or hate him (a lot do) they all want to see him fight.

Comment

Like the main man Floyd says "I don't care if they hate me. They wanna see me get ko'd as long as they put there hands in there pockets & pay to watch me fight". £££££££££££

Comment

This author is clearly talking a lot of nonsense because Amir Khan was selling out arenas against bums like Salita and he even had a few fights shown on PPV. Ricky Hatton is a special case because he built his fan base for years before he fought in the US. Amir will never get the same following as Ricky because he is not your typical Brit who are supposed to be humble and down to earth.

Amir certainly does not need GBP to stage big events in England and if he does go on to fight Mayweather, I am sure there will be thousands of Brits flying over to Vegas.

Comment

its got fk all to do with detrimental tabloid stories, although being a love rat isnt gonna win any points, and its got fk all to do with him going to america...we were glad to see the back of him. its also got fk all to do with him being a muslim. naseem hamed was loved in the UK. its got to do with the fact that khan is an arrogant tool and prolific gob****e.
                in the UK, sportsmen can only get away with being ****y if they back it up ...eubank got away with it just about although plenty disliked him. but in main, we prefer our sporting heroes to be humble, hardworking and down to earth.
                khan believes he earned the right to superstardom by coming second in the olympics. he spent his first couple years as a rookie pro flying about in fast cars, getting tickets from the police and making video documentaries about himself. once his popularity started to wane over here he decided to go to the states because he didnt feel like the UK public wanted him. and the reason his fights had such massive gates is because people crammed in to see him get his chin destroyed like prescott did.

Comment

Who gives a fuck what GBP in the UK can do for Khan, they'll have a much bigger impact than that. They want 4 shows a year over here and to take some of our prospects onto their American cards, which is great.

Comment

Khan is still popular in UK and lets not forget it was Haye who made Sky scrap PPV due to his effort against Vlad.Mayweather is never fighting outside US no matter what he says,And only way Broner comes here is for Burns and that would be in Scotland.And again theres no way Garcia comes over for a Khan rematch,The money they would lose out on from US tv not wanting to show an afternoon fight wouldn't make it poss.

Comment

Working...
                    X