No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero’s Fists Won’t Cover Mouth’s Bloated Checks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guerrero’s Fists Won’t Cover Mouth’s Bloated Checks

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Believe it or not, I’m just like anyone else.

I hear the stories about Robert Guerrero and his considerable family devotion, and I find it impossible not to wish them all the best.

I hope he wins some fights and makes some money. I hope his wife gets the care she needs and stays healthy. And I hope they retire together and have a prolonged happily ever after.

The only time those things are compromised is when he opens his mouth.

Because the more the “Ghost” talks… the more his bravado should scare his loved ones.

Case in point: The aftermath of Saturday’s Showtime main event.

Instead of accepting kudos for a scorecard win over Turk slugger Selcuk Aydin and downplaying the garish jewelry presented to nearly everyone in a World Boxing Council top 10 these days, he added gallons of wordy fuel to an already ill-advised fire.

First, with all due respect to afterglow endorphins and the schoolboy giddiness of a Steve Farhood interview, any 29-year-old with a shred of grounding would concede that a two-defense reign at 126 pounds and precisely one full-fledged title win since doth not a quadruple crown make. [Click Here To Read More]

A little harsh, but I only got annoyed with it when there constant stupid press releases about it every day, even though every one in the boxing world knew Guerrero wasn't going to get the fight. Unless Floyd wants a tune-up, I don't think he should or will get it this time either.

Comment

easy to dissect and mock someones career from your chair

the ghost isn't a p4p guy but how can you blame him for wanting a payday?

oh and to the writer of this worthless article

robert the ghost gurrero>>>your life

Comment

Lyle or any Floyd fan should understand that Guerrero is just sounding like any hungry fighter that wants to take on the best and beat the best. Floyd has acted this way his whole career. And Ricky Hatton gave Floyd hell its when i was finally able to open my eyes and just see how dirty of a fighter Floyd really is. Guerrero just doing what any hungry fighter is doing to take on the best. What Guerrero did is something Floyd would never do step up two divisions having never fought there and take on a dangerous fighter which many believed you aren't going to win.

Comment

wow, this guy just ****ted on Guerrero.

Comment

Guerrero looked ******ed in the interview
            De la hoya was the 1st mexican american to win titles in 4 weight classes
            He retired wid 10 legit world titles in 6 weight classess
            Guerrero only has 1 legit title, the rest are interim and yeah silver, diamond, saphire, super interim and whatever else theyre called these days

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
              wow, this guy just ****ted on Guerrero.
              i like how this dumb fucc say's he ''roots for gurrero...til he opens his mouth'' yet he is a mayweather fan a guy who openly trashes his opposition and has made racist remarks to Asians

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
                Lyle or any Floyd fan should understand that Guerrero is just sounding like any hungry fighter that wants to take on the best and beat the best. Floyd has acted this way his whole career. And Ricky Hatton gave Floyd hell its when i was finally able to open my eyes and just see how dirty of a fighter Floyd really is. Guerrero just doing what any hungry fighter is doing to take on the best. What Guerrero did is something Floyd would never do step up two divisions having never fought there and take on a dangerous fighter which many believed you aren't going to win.
                Floyd was willing to skip 140 to face the likes of Mosley or DLH. Other than that I agree with you in that Guerrero is only doing what any hungry fighter would do.

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                A little harsh, but I only got annoyed with it when there constant stupid press releases about it every day, even though every one in the boxing world knew Guerrero wasn't going to get the fight. Unless Floyd wants a tune-up, I don't think he should or will get it this time either.

I don't see how Guerrero is a tune up for Floyd or any current WW for that matter. Hope your not judging him based on his last performance, where he showed a lot of rust.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
                  pretty much sums up my thoughts. The writer was very disrespectful.

Comment

This article is ridiculous and the writer is a joke for saying Guerrero doesn’t deserve a Mayweather fight. The Ghost just beat the guy Floyd was giving step aside money to if he was his mandatory…HELLO!

Who else is Floyd going to fight that can drive some PPV. At least the Ghost has a back story that will cross over to main steam America. This guy doesnt know how difficult it is to move up weight classes and be successful. Who gives a sh it about the titles, just the fact that he's moving up in weight and beating top ten guys is very impressive.

This guy is a straight hater. Get the F out of here with your sorry ass Fitzsimmons, you are WEAK!

Comment

Working...
                    X