No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Raymond Serrano is Inching Closer Towards Prime Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Raymond Serrano is Inching Closer Towards Prime Time

By Jake Donovan - Some prospects on the way up enjoy the careful matchmaking, whether or not it’s televised. Others demand the spotlight, but with the caveat of showcase appearances rather than risking a loss early in their career.

Raymond Serrano wants his fights to matter. That is why the unbeaten Philly prospect jumped at the chance to face another undefeated fighter in Karim Mayfield. The two collide this Friday in the main event of ESPN2’s Friday Night Fights live from Albany, New York.

The play selection has been hit or miss on Friday Night Fights this season, which is a step backwards from the strong schedule posted last year even in the face of a slashed budget.

A battle of unbeaten 140 lb. prospects this weekend is a great way to get the series back on track.

“Boxing needs a fight like this,” insists Serrano (18-0, 8KO, who hasn’t had the easiest time securing opponents in recent times. “This is what the sport is supposed to be all about. I’m ready for it. I hope my opponent is, too.” [Click Here To Read More]

RS has a ttemendous upside & if nhe pulls this next 1 out he's close 2 top 10 & more important what Ray does than what atlas thinks...

Comment

we'll find out friday if this rican from philly is the real deal. good fight for friday night fights.

Comment

Wow! Serrano has been dropped by Abril and journeyman Anthony Bowman. He has been in super soft and has little power to make Mayfield respect him.

I see Mayfield walking through Serrano and exposing him for a soft punching built hype job.

Good win for Mayfield. He should shine with a KO

Comment

Working...
        X