No announcement yet.

Floyd vs. Trout.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd vs. Trout.

I think Floyd clearly wins this fight. Trout fights like a small man, and his inside game isn't all that. He throws a nice lead left to the body, but he doesn't follow up with anything. I can see Floyd turning him into a single shot fighter, and picking him off late.

Also, Trout got hit a good amount to the head against Cotto. Trout's also not that physical, despite his stature. When moving around the ring, has an awkward gate, and you can time his rhythm, by his foot movement. It's easy to tell when he's going to throw a punch, and when he's going to back off/relax. I just see too many flaws Floyd can pick up on.

Trout just isn't crafty enough.

Great fantasy fight.

Comment

Mayweather UD's Trout. And contrary to what NSB says they don't want to see this fight.

Just like they didn't care for the "boring" Spinks-Mayweather showdown in 2006 when that was rumored for November 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
        Mayweather UD's Trout. And contrary to what NSB says they don't want to see this fight.

Just like they didn't care for the "boring" Spinks-Mayweather showdown in 2006 when that was rumored for November 4th.
        I seriously don't see any JMW beating Floyd. Their best chance is to get to him, and be physical, but his inside defense is too good.

Boxing him from the outside is a no no. The only guy I see giving him fits is Sergio, and he's too big for Floyd.

Comment

I think Erislandy Lara is a better fight for Floyd than Trout actually. I would pick Lara to beat Trout head to head as well. He's much more polished and fluid and has more power in his left hand than Trout does too.

Lara just hasn't been able to capitalize off his unofficial win over Paul Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            I think Erislandy Lara is a better fight for Floyd than Trout actually. I would pick Lara to beat Trout head to head as well. He's much more polished and fluid and has more power in his left hand than Trout does too.

Lara just hasn't been able to capitalize off his unofficial win over Paul Williams.
            Cubans aren't marketable. Sucks, but it's the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
              Cubans aren't marketable. Sucks, but it's the truth.
              I thought Gamboa would be the one to crossover into the mainstream market but he's not going anywhere under 50 cent.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                I thought Gamboa would be the one to crossover into the mainstream market but he's not going anywhere under 50 cent.
                Especially not after the fight with Farenas. I see them using careful match making for a minute, until he gets his groove back. Still won't give them enough time to cash in on him.

Comment

I would favor Floyd to win now for the reasons you gave. I would like to see what Floyd has left in the Guerrero fight. Trout is in his early prime and Floyd looked like he is well past prime in the Cotto fight. He is still very good but not what he used to be in my opinion. The more time that goes by the more likely Trout would be to beat Floyd. Floyd seems to have reached the point where every year he is further over the hill. I know devoted Mayweather fans don't believe this and think he will be invincible until he retires undefeated at 40 years of age.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I would favor Floyd to win now for the reasons you gave. I would like to see what Floyd has left in the Guerrero fight. Trout is in his early prime and Floyd looked like he is well past prime in the Cotto fight. He is still very good but not what he used to be in my opinion. The more time that goes by the more likely Trout would be to beat Floyd. Floyd seems to have reached the point where every year he is further over the hill. I know devoted Mayweather fans don't believe this and think he will be invincible until he retires undefeated at 40 years of age.
                    Agree. If he's going to fight guys like Trout, he better start sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
                    X