No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Working on New Tactics For Skelton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Working on New Tactics For Skelton

Anthony Joshua MBE expects the toughest test of his professional career on July 12 when he faces Matt Skelton at the Echo Arena in Liverpool live on Sky Sports.

Joshua has raced to 6-0 with all six wins coming inside the first two rounds and now the Olympic gold medal star steps into his first scheduled eight-round contest against the former British, European and Commonwealth champion and World title challenger.

Skelton has amassed 36 pro fights and stands just shy of 200 rounds, and while Joshua is preparing for a tough fight, he says he will not be taking silly risks to prove his chin can take a punch at the top level.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Skelton has been dead and buried for more than 3 years and there's nothing to be gained in fighting him. By now Joshua should be fighting some C level American fighters to get rounds because by 2016 he should be heavy weight champion.

Comment

Skelton makes perfect sense for Joshua.

A step up from his comp so far.

Comment

After this Shannon Briggs vs. Anthony Joshua?

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
          After this Shannon Briggs vs. Anthony Joshua?
          John McDermott would make sense next. He can build towards Tony Thompson in 2 or so fights.

Comment

It's refreshing to hear a young HW with such a level-headed, analytical approach to his craft. "I am so far away from where I want to be" shows that he's under no illusion of where he's at in terms of progression. No sign of any "I want a world title within a year!" overenthusiasm, or at least not yet. Here's hoping Skelton stretches him for a few rounds.

Comment

Dude is huge and will be a force to be reckoned with! Excited for his future. He is a little slow in my view watching his fights but he is building up a alright resume pretty quickly

Comment

One would be stupid to take a risk just to prove they "have a chin" at the elite level. When you get hit, you get hit. And that's your test.

Comment

Tony thompson shouldn't be on the radar. Hes far too dangerous. I would try get audley in there with him next. Shannon briggs is too dangerous even a old version is still dangerous

Comment

Joshua and I used to train together quite a few years back now. He has progressed very well. There is no need for match ups like Briggs or Thompson, right now. I think he is still 3 years or so away from a World Title shot.

Comment

Working...
                    X