Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather on PED Testing, Says Pacquiao Finally Learned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather on PED Testing, Says Pacquiao Finally Learned

Eight time world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) recently announced that he will be facing Robert Guerrero on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. During a recent interview with BoxingScene.com and other media outlets, Mayweather spoke about random drug testing in boxing, a movement that he has helped spearhead.

Several years ago, Mayweather and career rival Manny Pacquiao were very close to finalizing a deal to fight each other. The deal fell apart because Pacquiao refused to agree to Mayweather's demand for both fighters to undergo several weeks of random Olympic-style drug testing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"I never liked Floyd Mayweather, Jr. calling the testing that he does, "Olympic-style" testing," Conte stated, and continued, "My opinion is, it's random blood and urine testing for 8 to 10 weeks prior to a fight. That's what it is. The definition of Olympic-style testing is 24/7-365 (year-round, around the clock). It's a deterrent; any time, any place, anywhere." VICTOR CONTE

More....

In short, Mayweather's USADA testing is a confusing one, since anybody who knows how to cheat the system can beat it. Conte elaborated by differentiating the type of testing Mayweather underwent compared to a more comprehensive type of drug testing companies like VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency) implements.

"VADA (compared to USADA) also uses more stringent protocols, more sophisticated testing, specifically with the CIR (Carbon Isotope Ratio) testing. USADA only does this and all Olympic-type lab testing they perform if you have an elevated TE ratio of 4:1," explained Conte. VADA is also the company that tagged Lamont Peterson and Andre Berto for illegal performance enhancing drugs in their system.

"The reason I don't like that protocol is because you can, (I'm talking about baseball players who use it on a daily basis), after a game, rub on a testosterone cream and it stays in the bloodstream for 4 hours. By 8 hours, it's back down on the baseline, and after 6 hours you're below the 4:1 ratio. So guys can use it the day before and test negative. And the same thing goes on with the USADA-type testing. You can use it every single night, literally USADA can test you every single day and you can come up below 4:1, that's because it only takes you six hours to go below the 4:1 ratio," he continued.

Agree, the sport of boxing must be cleaned. But with Real Olympic Style Testing.
    Last edited by DominiBox; 02-22-2013, 09:27 AM.

Comment

the title kind of pulls floyd's words out of context...it suggests pac has learned not to use PEDs anymore while he's pointing at pac's team suggesting jmm was on something and pac suffered for it

Comment

Prize idiot. Fighting once a year and only being subject to testing for 2 months of that looks very, very suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
          Prize idiot. Fighting once a year and only being subject to testing for 2 months of that looks very, very suspicious.
          ^This right here!!

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
            "I never liked Floyd Mayweather, Jr. calling the testing that he does, "Olympic-style" testing," Conte stated, and continued, "My opinion is, it's random blood and urine testing for 8 to 10 weeks prior to a fight. That's what it is. The definition of Olympic-style testing is 24/7-365 (year-round, around the clock). It's a deterrent; any time, any place, anywhere." VICTOR CONTE

More....

In short, Mayweather's USADA testing is a confusing one, since anybody who knows how to cheat the system can beat it. Conte elaborated by differentiating the type of testing Mayweather underwent compared to a more comprehensive type of drug testing companies like VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency) implements.

"VADA (compared to USADA) also uses more stringent protocols, more sophisticated testing, specifically with the CIR (Carbon Isotope Ratio) testing. USADA only does this and all Olympic-type lab testing they perform if you have an elevated TE ratio of 4:1," explained Conte. VADA is also the company that tagged Lamont Peterson and Andre Berto for illegal performance enhancing drugs in their system.

"The reason I don't like that protocol is because you can, (I'm talking about baseball players who use it on a daily basis), after a game, rub on a testosterone cream and it stays in the bloodstream for 4 hours. By 8 hours, it's back down on the baseline, and after 6 hours you're below the 4:1 ratio. So guys can use it the day before and test negative. And the same thing goes on with the USADA-type testing. You can use it every single night, literally USADA can test you every single day and you can come up below 4:1, that's because it only takes you six hours to go below the 4:1 ratio," he continued.

Agree, the sport of boxing must be cleaned. But with Real Olympic Style Testing.
            this is getting way old....

Comment

He makin' millions while people hating behind the keyboards... Keep hatin' on em..

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                the title kind of pulls floyd's words out of context...it suggests pac has learned not to use PEDs anymore while he's pointing at pac's team suggesting jmm was on something and pac suffered for it
                More like..."If you had done what I do, that would not have happened to you."

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                  it does, i was all ready to say something for him flip flopping on Pac, right after Pac's lost May wasnt being disrespectful, so i thouhgt he was now, but I was wrong. The title is to get views and it worked lol

Comment

Floyd own himself again...lol, i like to read what May have to say, good laugh..

Comment

Working...
                    X