Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what style can go againts slick fighting style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what style can go againts slick fighting style?

what style can neutralize slick fighting style?

like in all boxing history what style does beat slickness?

if you go in history of slick boxers what style beat them most?

like what style beat ali's slickness, or sugar ray leonards slickness if im right lol?

bob and weave lol

Comment

A Hearns or Forrest type of fighter, or a relentless, explosive fighter (preferably southpaw)

Comment

Fighters with good timing.

Ala Kontenik beating Alexander.

Castillo giving Floyd a hard time.

Floyd's fought a lot good pressure fighters.

But few with as good at timing as a prime Castillo.

MAB used excellent timing to school the Prince.

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post

like what style beat ali's slickness, or sugar ray leonards slickness if im right lol?
          the question is too open i think, what can beat a Ray Leonard is not the same as a luis Collazo. Both are "slick" but in different ways.

For Ray it was pressure and heavy handedness against Duran.

For Luis it's Pressure it seems. He lacks power so his counter punches didn't have substantial pop.

I think pressure is part of the formula but pressure with no tech get's your ass handed to ya. Pressure with proper tech might set up allot of openings but for sure nothing is guaranteed.

Comment

"It's called the style of no fighting style"
            – Bruce Lee

I abide by this. It isn't about the style, it is one being's presence and no-presence.

'There is no opponent, and there is no "I" '

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
              Fighters with good timing.

Ala Kontenik beating Alexander.

Castillo giving Floyd a hard time.

Floyd's fought a lot good pressure fighters.

But few with as good at timing as a prime Castillo.

MAB used excellent timing to school the Prince.
              I agree but same could be said for slickness. it has an ere of great timing. It looks simple and in that ease it looks slick.

Comment

Explosive fighters or consistant boxers with good fundamentals.

Comment

Talented pressure fighters and boxers with good timing and strong defense do the best.

For examples of effective pressure fighting see Castillo/Mayweather I, Hatton/Malignaggi

For examples of using good timing see the previously mentioned Alexander/Kotelnik and MAB/Prince Naseem

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post

I can try to speak of a strategy. Most fast fighters have great speed but also have poor stamina. It's just the way most humans are made. Watch any high school track meet and you'll see that as incredible as black sprinters are-- blacks tend to rarely do well in the distance events. Fast fighters are ok if you let them set the pace. If you can put constant pressure on them they get tired much, much faster. Notice how fast fighters also tend to have low body fat-- that's because they have low energy reserves/body fat. That's why Mayweather struggled so mightily against Castillo's pressure but dealt so easily vs Mosely-- who's a much, much better fighter than Castillo. I'd instruct my fighter to constantly pressure and constantly shoot straight punches(which arrive faster than hooks-- minimizing the speed disadvantage, tire you less when you miss and don't leave you as open to the punches you tend to not see from a faster fighter) up the middle(head and body) and not open up too much with hooks until the opponent has slowed down.

Comment

Working...
                    X