No announcement yet.

Question for the boxing purist!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRANKGWJ View Post
    Hopkins weighed in at 157 while Tito was 158 and a half!!!
    Pointless.

So, Martinez is a bigger man than Chavez?

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
      Pointless.

So, Martinez is a bigger man than Chavez?
      All I'm saying is that Hopkins had to train a little hard to drain his 37 year old body to get to 157lb. It's always easier to go up in weight then it is to come down in weight. But at the end of the day Hopkins would have won at welter weight if he could make the weight. His skills was so much better than tito's!!! Styles make fights and Hopkins was way above Trinidad's!!!

Comment

Hopkins-Trinidad. As much as I loved Corrales, I admit has was a limited fighter. Trinidad was simply on another level.

Comment

Floyd had the more dominating performance but Hopkins beat the better fighter. Tito was smaller but he had middleweight power. Corrales was bigger than Floyd but there are rumors he was weight drained.

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          Mayweather vs Corrales is my answer to your question...
          Hopkins cheated...

It's part of the game. Tito knew B-Hop was a rough fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Floyd had the more dominating performance but Hopkins beat the better fighter. Tito was smaller but he had middleweight power. Corrales was bigger than Floyd but there are rumors he was weight drained.

It's part of the game. Tito knew B-Hop was a rough fighter.
            Shane Mosley said Corrales was walking around at about 180, 185lbs at that time before that fight was made.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKGWJ View Post
              Which was the greater preformance?
              Mayweather vs Corrales
              Hopkins vs Trinidad

We're at the Barber Shop having this huge debate on these two matches and about 75% of 30 people in here chose Hopkins because of hit age and he was a huge underdog!!!
              You'd have to go with Mayweather, Corrales was a beast at 135, was undefeated, had huge height, weight advantage. Mayweather completely dominated him, I mean shut him out!

B-Hop's win was also huge, and I know Hopkins was the underdog (Not as big a one as people seem to think) but Tito was far removed from his best weight, he never really looked too good at middleweight, his only previous fight at the weight was against William Joppy! The two times he faced quality opposition at 160 he lost (Hopkins & Winky) I'm not trying to take anything away from Hopkins, but I can't see how anybody could view it as a bigger victory than Floyd's!

Comment

They both were epic but Floyd dropping Chico 5 fuckin times was mind blowing to watch. Floyd looked like he belonged on another planet that night.

Comment

Both are great wins, in hindsight I think Hopkin's victory is slightly better.

Comment

Okay, I just rewatched both fights. Both Diego and Tito looked lost and frustrated by the 3rd and 4th rd!!!

Floyd pot shot and blew Corrales away going backwards all night long. Floyd speed and foot work and counter punching was from another planet (**** you never seen before)!!!!

But I got to give it to B-Hop with his age, opponent skill level and the fact that more people then not thought he was going to be another Trinidad KO victim. Hopkins beat Tito on the inside and outside. At times he beat Trinidad at his own game by going toe to toe. And the killer feints was from another planet!!! At times he made Tito look very ameturish (don't think that's a word but is sound good. Lol) with the feints. Tito did know where Hopkins was half of the time. And putting on a performance like that in the wake of 911 was epic with in itself!!!

Bernard Hopkins get the nod from me!!!!

Comment

I would go with the Floyd win because both Floyd and B-hop were underdogs against unbeaten opponents known for their ko power but Chico at least went on to still have some meaningful wins and after the B-hop loss Tito really didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X