Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez vs. Chavez Jr.: Trainers Prediction Roundtable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez vs. Chavez Jr.: Trainers Prediction Roundtable

Ronnie Shields (Chavez Jr.): “I’ve been back and forth on this fight. Chavez Jr. really impressed me with the Andy Lee fight. Sergio Martinez has always impressed me. I think this is going to be probably one of the best fights this year. It’s going to be really exciting from start to finish, but I just think Sergio Martinez, I don’t think he’s fought anybody as big as Chavez Jr.

[Click Here To Read More]

Why does everyone equate Andy Lee to Sergio Martinez?

Comment

Martinez is much better than any opposition Chavez has ever fought. This is gonna be Pavilik Martinez all over again.

Comment

I just hope when Martinez flattens this kid that they give him his full props for doing so. I'm still in awe how people can think Chavez Jr's size is enough to beat a skillful fighter/boxer like Sergio Martinez. Sergio KO'd his last 4 opponents who were all bigger than him and cut Pavlik face to pieces. Chavez Jr is not even as good as them guys. I'm calling it. Sergio Martinez by KO in the 7th.

Comment

So Chavez Jr. has one outing where he looked respectable against a decent but not great opponent and everyone is jumping onboard the train? Sorry, i don't buy it. This is the test, Chavez Jr. is gonna have to step it up, suddenly find lateral movement and will need a lot more speed than he is capable of. Martinez will dance to the victory, as he will never be standing right in front of Chavez Jr. Chavez Jr.'s only shot is the ol' puncher's chance, as he will need to get lucky and catch Sergio for the win by KO. But i expect this one to go to the cards, with Martinez winning the decision.

Comment

Barker was also a very big MW, he even fought in a shell covering up most of the time and still got Knocked Out.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Why does everyone equate Andy Lee to Sergio Martinez?
              The only comparison between Lee and Sergio is the fact that they both had shorts and boxing gloves on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                The only comparison between Lee and Sergio is the fact that they both had shorts and boxing gloves on.
                and they are both southpaws lol

Comment

My prediction: Martinez wins by late round stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    and they are both southpaws lol
                    I stand corrected. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X