Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis vs Joe Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Louis is accepted as the best heavy of all time by most boxing insiders! And if you think he's number 2 behind Ali thats fine (he's not) All of this includes the Klitz bros and Lennox and Tyson and Bowe and Boo Boo and all the other guys who fail miserably in methods & techniques!
    Joe Louis would be sitting on Lennoxs jab and then react inside and then Lennox is DONE! He can't fight inside he never learned how to tie a man up correctly and Joe Louis's punchers are a hell of a lot more meaningful than Lennox Lewis's! Joe is 6'2" 200lbs and has perfect steps and feints and power in each hand. Lennox is 6'6" and stands in front of you and throws a right hand behind a jab!! Thats it!! Theres no weave under anything because he's TOO Tall! Theres no laterial movement because these 6'6" guys can't move with any flow they step to big (wide) and as they step it takes to long to do it!! You don't see their faults because there isn't any fighters to take advantage of their short comings. I see it, its right in front of me. Every time any of those guys move you attack them with anything just to get the second move!!! Thats when you punch because these big guys can't "chew gum and walk"!!! Its only step/punch they can't laterial slide and jab (ala Ali) they can't feint/ step in and throw 3 and 5 punch combinations (ala Louis).
    You guys can't see what you don't know!! Now Lennox was much better than the Klitz boys but it took Manny years to get him to "relax" and jab and react to punches coming at him. He was NOT a natural. I watch Lennox box when he was 16/17 yrs old, I know!! Ray.
    Last edited by Ray Corso; 01-04-2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• The only thing(s) the two men have in common is they both ruled the heavyweight division at one time and they share the same pronounciation of their last name...
      • The two names don't belong in the same sentence, as it's an affront to the Brown Bomber and...
      • Louis would mop the floor with Lewis...

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        Those guys were 2nd grade versions of Lewis. They were nothing compare to Lewis and would have both been beaten to death by LL.

Lewis vs Joe Louis

Lewis made a career out of destroying big punchers. Now did any of them punch as hard as Joe Joe, debatable. That being said Louis need to get inside on Lennox to win this one. If Joe can constantly land those lefts and inside combinations to the body of Lennox and some to the head, he will make it a very long night.
        I just don't see how Joe can consistantly do this without taking massive punishment himself though.
        Lewis would be the best all around fighter that Louis fought in terms of overall power,speed,skills and ring generalship. Joe fought Buddy Bear, Buddy Bear is like a 4th grade Lennox Lewis. Lewis have too much a combination of size, power, skills, jab, and that big right hand for the much smaller Joe to overcome.
        The upper cuts Lewis will land as Joe gets inside will be too much and too devasting.
        Joe will give it a great go, he is a ruthless stalker and one of the great finishers. Once Joe gets you hurt, it's very hard for you to recover. The one thing we DO see from Lewis is that he recovers from being hurt very quickly. Outside of the two fluke ko's, every fight Lewis was hurt in, he came back stronger.
        Vitali-Bruno-Mercer-Briggs-Mason he was hurt in all of them and he came back. Obviously not one of those guys were any where near Joe's caliber, I'll admit that much.
        Still I just don't see Joe's combinations,skills,power and heart over coming Lewis's own combinations, skills, SUPERIOR SIZE, superior jab, superior power, and equal heart.

I totally agree with what you said, but I think David Tua, Shannon Briggs, henry Akiwande had way more power than Joe Louis. But none of them had the skill set as Louis.

Comment

I'd personally favor Lennox, to be honest. Though Louis was an amazing combination-puncher and finisher, I think LL would be wholly successful at keeping the Brown Bomber at the end of a superb jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
            • The only thing(s) the two men have in common is they both ruled the heavyweight division at one time and they share the same pronounciation of their last name...
            • The two names don't belong in the same sentence, as it's an affront to the Brown Bomber and...
            • Louis would mop the floor with Lewis...
            Ridiculous stuff. I'd rate JL over LL any day of the week, but in an actual fight? LL was the much bigger man, fought some huge punchers and survived (Tua, Tyson, Bruno, etc.) and had a brilliant jab, uppercut and right hand.

He was an adept at keeping generally mobile fighters on the outside, and barring two freak, lightning-in-a-bottle type punches was pretty solid in the chin-department.

You could make a very strong case for Louis, as you also could for Lennox. To say LL can't even be compared to JL is a strange thing indeed.

Comment

I don't know...they both kinda cater to each other's weaknesses. Lewis could shuffle around the ring and keep Louis at bay with his jab or Louis could close the distance and bust Lewis up inside. If Lewis landed a flush right or two, they'd be done. Purely impact wise, I don't know how many punches in the history of boxing are harder than that Lewis right hand. Louis was a more fluid, accurate and faster puncher and he had excellent power, but his pure physical strength was nowhere near that of Lewis. It's an interesting matchup. I guess I'd favor Lewis to win, but Louis is about as live as an underdog can possibly be.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                I don't know...they both kinda cater to each other's weaknesses. Lewis could shuffle around the ring and keep Louis at bay with his jab or Louis could close the distance and bust Lewis up inside. If Lewis landed a flush right or two, they'd be done. Purely impact wise, I don't know how many punches in the history of boxing are harder than that Lewis right hand. Louis was a more fluid, accurate and faster puncher and he had excellent power, but his pure physical strength was nowhere near that of Lewis. It's an interesting matchup. I guess I'd favor Lewis to win, but Louis is about as live as an underdog can possibly be.
                I pretty much agree with this. If Louis hurt Lennox, I'm confident he'd finish him off.

Comment

Originally posted by orriray59 View Post
                  I pretty much agree with this. If Louis hurt Lennox, I'm confident he'd finish him off.
                  If Louis hurt the Kraken, he'd finish him off. Once Joe got you hurt, that was it. Close the show.

Comment

Louis by KO because he's an American great.

Comment

Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
                      I totally agree with what you said, but I think David Tua, Shannon Briggs, henry Akiwande had way more power than Joe Louis. But none of them had the skill set as Louis.
                      I thought I'd seen it all until I read that Henry Akinwande had "way more power than Joe Louis".

Comment

Working...
                      X