Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: I Promise To Knock Martin Murray Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: I Promise To Knock Martin Murray Out!

WBC middleweight champion Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez (50-2, 28KOs) has promised a knockout victory on April 27th when he faces undefeated Martin Murray (25-0-1, 11KOs), the WBA's interim-champion, at Club Atletico Velez Sarsfield in Argentina. Martinez returns to Argentina, as a star and a champion, after having his last fight in the country in 2002.

[Click Here To Read More]

Maravilla obviously the favourite, and he should win. This is NOT an easy fight though. Murray is decent; better than Macklin certainly. Huge at the weight (bet he's 175 easy on fight night) and very durable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
      Maravilla obviously the favourite, and he should win. This is NOT an easy fight though. Murray is decent; better than Macklin certainly. Huge at the weight (bet he's 175 easy on fight night) and very durable.
      I think he's tailor made for Sergio.

A massive step up in class for Murray. Being British I'd like him to do well but I can't back against my boy Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
        There is no certainty in him being better than Macklin, who's come on leaps and bounds since moving Stateside. If anything, I think Murray is the weakest out of the 3 British MWs and it'll be an easy night for Martinez.

Murray won't know what to do when he gets in that ring with Maravilla.

Comment

I like Murray, but he's not better than Macklin.

I don't think his style matches well with Sergio's. I've got Sergio inside 8.

Comment

Chavez Jr was the only time hes failed to deliver on the promise of a knockout. I will bank on this one

Warrr Sergio!

Comment

Get em Sergio, put on a clinic

Comment

Nothing against Murray but War Maravilla! Get that KO!

Comment

Well, obviously you will.

Look who you're fighting.

Comment

[QUOTE=D-MiZe;12841126]If anything, I think Murray is the weakest out of the 3 British MWs and it'll be an easy night for Martinez.
                    QUOTE] For me it's Barker - Murray - Macklin. I think a lot is made of Macklin's durability (I actually think he's quite vulnerable), and his hand speed is pretty average. Unbelievable how he's suddenly developed an Irish accent too when it used to be strong Midlands!

Comment

Working...
                    X