Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nicolay Valuev??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didnt look too bad, jabbed used his reach even threw some bodypunches.

He too athletic so if he gets a real trainer anf into shape he will lose fat and encrease his speed.

Im not sure about this guy, let him fight some other top 10 guy and we`ll see.

Comment

First off. He isn't getting any better. If you only saw his last fight it wasn't any better than his last ten. If he was getting better at 40 and 0 you would have heard of him before now. Even super-protected Joe Mesi was ranked number one and how many fights did he have? Not 40.
      Oh and if you think this guy is being kept away from Vitali. Google him, 3 years ago Vaulev could have fought Klitcho, Holyfield, or Oliver McCall but "contractual obligations" on his part made it so he couldn't leave the country.

And Valuev isn't just massive. He is the biggest heavyweight to ever put gloves on. He is a skinny 350, but he can't box and he can't hit. If he was even an average boxer his size would make him unbeatable. But he isn't. And if he hasn't learned how to put his weight behind his punches yet he isn't going to.

someone said byrd is to slick for him, wrong. Bryd is probably the only one he could beat. As soon as Valuev fights a heavyweight with a good punch and average skills he is going to get KO'd.

Just a few months ago Valuev took on the Austrailian bronze medalist from the 2000 olympics. Are any of the other contenders going after boxers with that little experience. If Valuev isn't ready for a gold medalist from 2000, than he isn't ready for anyone in the top ten.

Comment

Valuev probably would get beat of Vitali but so would most fighters in the heavyweight division but to simply dismiss him would be a mistake, OK so he's not the biggest hitter, which is strange considering his size, but he CAN box! which is even more stranger. If you look at the heavyweights that have fought for titles lately then why shouldnt Valuev get a shot? who else is out there? Samuel Peter? who in my opinion is another who'll fall when he steps up, Dominick Guinn? Kali Meehan? Jameel McCline? Audley Harrison(HAHA)? or even unbeaten Calvin Brock? These guys are no better than Valuev possibly even worse! so give the big guy a break, he's all thats out there.

PS IMO its a real shame that Ike Ibeabuchi never got parole in August because it would have probably shook up this division a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Javary
          Valuev probably would get beat of Vitali but so would most fighters in the heavyweight division but to simply dismiss him would be a mistake, OK so he's not the biggest hitter, which is strange considering his size, but he CAN box! which is even more stranger. If you look at the heavyweights that have fought for titles lately then why shouldnt Valuev get a shot? who else is out there? Samuel Peter? who in my opinion is another who'll fall when he steps up, Dominick Guinn? Kali Meehan? Jameel McCline? Audley Harrison(HAHA)? or even unbeaten Calvin Brock? These guys are no better than Valuev possibly even worse! so give the big guy a break, he's all thats out there.

PS IMO its a real shame that Ike Ibeabuchi never got parole in August because it would have probably shook up this division a bit.
          Yeah atleast give the man a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Javary
            Valuev probably would get beat of Vitali .
            you mean beat by right? not beat of.

Comment

Originally posted by leff
              Yeah atleast give the man a change.
              And you mean chance? not change I'm hopping, just kidding. Spell as ****ty as you want.

I actually agree with you he does deserve a chance. The point is that he could have had a chance any time he wanted in the last three years. He is a freak show, the biggest boxer ever and he has been making money off that for a long time.

Now that he feels he is getting old,the time has come for him to try and see if he can cash out in some big fights which he will probably lose.

I am not saying that he doesn't deserve anything, what I am saying is that he is not the most exciting prospect out there.

Comment

I would love to see him fight Tyson or Bryd or Toney. It would be the good little guy vs. the "sort of ok" really ****ing huge guy.

Comment

Valuev has little boxing skills to speak of, I'm not impressed at all.

But judge for yourself, the full fight with Levin in good quality here :
                  http://profibox.hu/filmek/Nicolay.Va...ttilaLevin.avi
                  123MB

Comment

Originally posted by joeboxer
                    I would love to see him fight Tyson or Bryd or Toney. It would be the good little guy vs. the "sort of ok" really ****ing huge guy.
                    Well atleast i can spell byrd (not bryd).

Tyson-Valuev would be fun. 1feet 2inch height difference.

Comment

Valuev has decent boxing skills, decent hand speed, decent power, moves like a blob, and is 7 feet tall. He would beat Ruiz and Byrd.

Comment

Working...
                      X