No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vazquez Not Fazed By Underdog Role With Shafikov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vazquez Not Fazed By Underdog Role With Shafikov

The lightweight world champion of the International Boxing Federation (IBF), Mexico's Miguel Vazquez, jumped on a plane this past Friday to travel to Macau for the upcoming defense of his title against unbeaten Russian Denis Shafikov on the 22nd of February at the Cotai Arena at the Venetian Resort in Macau. Vazquez (33-3, 13 KOs), with the help of his trainer Javier Capetillo, feels very confident as the fight with Shafikov (33-0-1, 18 KOs) nears. [Click Here To Read More]

Easy work for Shafikov.

Shafikov-Crawford next, make it happen Bob!

Comment

Vasquez will outbox this midget with ease.

Comment

Lightweight division is heating up. Three of the titlist have upcoming defenses against undefeated fighters. Figeroua is an exciting young fighter that's likely to step up the comp this year. And on a lower scale, ESPN is doing a Boxcino tourney this year in the lightweight division. Exciting times ahead at 35. Wonder if Broner is kickin' himself in the ass for leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Vasquez will outbox this midget with ease.
          You really think so?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            You really think so?
            You are seriously asking that question? You must not have ever seen Vasquez fight. No one is beating Vazquez at 135 and I mean no one

Comment

I've seen Shafikov fight and he will be a very tough fight for Vazquez, I personally think he will beat him.

Comment

Its hard to be fazed by being a underdog, when your not even a underdog. Right now 5dimes has both Vazquez and Shafikov at -120. IMO its a very even fight on paper and the odds reflect that.

Comment

I think people underestimate Vazquez, he's a really good fighter and boxer, honestly don't see why he's the underdog here.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
                    You are seriously asking that question? You must not have ever seen Vasquez fight. No one is beating Vazquez at 135 and I mean no one
                    Did you see the fight where he barely scrapped by Quintero? Vazquez is a good technician but he has now power. Quintero would've won that fight had he been able to pressure Vazquez a little more and IMO Shafikov is a better fighter than Vazquez. Vazquez is good but not great.

Comment

Working...
                    X