No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs. Rios Tour: Quotes and Notes From Beijing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs. Rios Tour: Quotes and Notes From Beijing

BEIJING -- Stop No. 2 on the Manny Pacquiao – Brandon Rios 23,722-mile international media tour to promote their historic 12-round welterweight rumble has landed them in Beijing. On Monday, Pacquiao, Rios and their respective trainers, Hall of Famer Freddie Roach and Trainer of the Year Robert Garcia, began the day with a little morning roadwork – approximately 3,000 steps worth -- as they climbed a portion of the Great Wall, at Shuiguan, which was built during the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), and is famous for its precipitous cliffs and beautiful views.

Before embarking on the massive climb, Rios and Garcia ducked into a souvenir stand and emerged wearing cowboy hats. “The rancheros have hit Beijing,” exclaimed Rios to the delight of the hundreds of tourists visiting and the media covering. [Click Here To Read More]

Marquez vs Pacquiao 5

If this fight doesn't do well on PPV and Pacquiao looks good in winning, IF he wins and IF Marquez wins, then Arum and Pacquiao will have no choice but to give in to Marquez's demand of $20,000,000. My prediction is that Pacquiao will loose by knockout or will win but not look like the Pacquiao of old and therefore Roach will no longer work his corner and therefore the last of a great Champion will be seen on that night. Time to RETIRE.

Comment

Sounds like Rios matured a little bit with what he's been experiencing so far.

Comment

Rios had me laughing when he said I think some of them think im Chinese lol

Rios does look a bit Chinese though no joke. Good fight though, the Chiense are going to enjoy it and guarantee you this, they have no dog in this fight, they will respect which warrior wins. the only ones who will have a dog in the fight are the Filipinos.

I can see Rios having a huge Chinese following if he puts up one helluva a fight or defeats the great Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by ailicec View Post
          If this fight doesn't do well on PPV and Pacquiao looks good in winning, IF he wins and IF Marquez wins, then Arum and Pacquiao will have no choice but to give in to Marquez's demand of $20,000,000. My prediction is that Pacquiao will loose by knockout or will win but not look like the Pacquiao of old and therefore Roach will no longer work his corner and therefore the last of a great Champion will be seen on that night. Time to RETIRE.
          JMM will not fight him again. Only boxers like them knows the reasons, but JMM had spilled the truth when he said will not fight Pac again because he will not allow him to re-take the victory he got from him. Meaning, he is not that confident of his win, because he knows he was losing that time if not that lucky punched he delivered KO'ing Pac cold in the canvas. That lucky punched isn't many and will not come that soon, so plainly smart move to evade Pac to continously embrace that notable wins! Because IMHO, if that was not lucky punched then why afraid to meet Pac if that was a result of pure skills and would ensure victory again by re-emergence of that punch? $20M??!!! JMM still not worth that much despite of his notable win on Pac, and even granting he will win against Bradley. The best Pac team could offer is $10M and it would be the best offerhe will get of his whole boxing career!
          Last edited by SceneSpectator!; 07-29-2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

This fight will do very well ppv wise. Hitting a million isn't necessary the purses don't require it but I do think it'll be a FOTY candidate considering these two guys style of fighting.

Comment

I think they still have yet to officially announce Shiming on it

Comment

Didn't sound like Rios at all. He definitely matured.

Lmao @ "they think I'm Chinese."

Comment

Pacquiao beats Rios inside 7 rounds. I hope Rios isn't injured, I really think Manny is gonna do a number on him and destroy him. His style is perfect for Manny, no footwork, slow, and wide open. He is made to order for a fast, hard, and precise puncher like Pac-Man.

Comment

Originally posted by ailicec View Post
                    I haven't had a good laugh since last week, until just now reading your post. If Marquez ever sees a $20 mill purse it'll be only in his dreams. It's astonishing how much, enthusiasm for fighters that guys will never know, has on their common-sense....and I may be stretching it a bit here with that description.

Comment

Working...
                    X