No announcement yet.

Boxing needs Don King to rule it again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing needs Don King to rule it again

Is he a snake? Of course he is! But guess what? EVERY promoter is a snake! At least he's a snake that gets things done! Remember when boxing and Don King were synonymous with each other? We would have already seen Pac vs May; Donaire vs Mares; Bradley vs Khan and countless others. I mean, the man made a middleweight tournament for god's sake. Us fans would win..the fighters, not so much though. But hey, we're always complaining on the forums of ducking, fights not being made, etc. Don King would use his iron snake fist and prevent that BS from happening. Just saying.

In regards to the MW tournament, he only made it when he thought his boy Trinidad would win it. Hopkins was trying to fight don king belt holders for years.

Comment

with the screw job King gave many, many fighters during his hay day, my gut reaction is HELL NO! But man I sure miss those PPVs with 3-5 quality fights on them.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        In regards to the MW tournament, he only made it when he thought his boy Trinidad would win it. Hopkins was trying to fight don king belt holders for years.
        Good point, although I think that Bhop wanting to run his own ship as manager, promoter & fighter had a lot to do with him not getting those shots.

Comment

I wasn't watching boxing then so I'm not sure, but Bob Arum has to go, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
            I wasn't watching boxing then so I'm not sure, but Bob Arum has to go, that's for sure.
            the $h!t King pulled back in the day makes Arum look like a choirboy

Comment

Lol no.. You should be banned just for that stupid idea

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
                Lol no.. You should be banned just for that stupid idea
                So you're telling me that the Golden Boy/Top Rank feud is better for boxing???

Comment

One thing that boxing misses about Don King is his creativity and ambition to try things which hadnt been done before. Putting on events all around the world, taking Tyson to Tokyo, Ali/Foreman to Zaire etc. Making his fights global news instead of just American news.

His fights had fun names, concerts and all kinds of entertainment.

Now we get fights in Vegas over and over, with names like 'dream match' and 'ring kings'. It just doesnt inspire the imagination.

He was a snake though.

Comment

he put on the best PPV for years...he ruled the 80s & 90s...there was always quality fights on his cards. no one will ever put cards like his together again. now it's one good fight maybe 2 with some duds. on a don king undercard the opening bought would be a HW title eliminator not a up & comer fighting a can...

Comment

Working...
                    X